People turning on Parkinson after 1 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its statements like this that confuse me. If you don't accept it, what exactly do you do to make a difference? Get the bed sheets out? Shout at shops.

Not having a go, I'm genuinely looking for an answer.

No, you voice your concerns in a constructive and coherent manner. I never really chant negative things at the match as I think that's the time to get behind the team. On here though I'll voice any concerns I have, as it's the perfect and most obvious place to do so. Clubs monitor and use messageboards to gauge the general feeling of the fans.

Sorry if that confuses you.

A direct, defence-first manager brought in to manage a squad of players who can’t play direct, defence first football. It’s not even close to his fault but it is absolutely laughable. Woeful from Donald, Hill and Coton.
Ha, ha - was the opposite last night. When we got the first, we went for the second and then for the 3rd and kept going all night for more goals. It was the least defensive performance I can remember. Its early days indeed but one or two are going to get bumps galore if we continue the approach from last night because of the hysterical posts on his appointment like the one above. I hate the idea of bumping posts but some of the anti-Parkinson posts were utterly depressing.

Still very early days to make a proper judgement on him.

We were poor v Wycombe and we were good v Tranmere.

If we regularly perform like we did v Wycombe, then he’ll be rightly criticised. If we regularly perform like we did v Tranmere, then he’ll be rightly praised.

See how we fare in the table in 10 games time imo. Deserves at least a dozen games for us to make a judgement I think but the signs from last night were positive. :cool:

I think the problem some of us have is with the certainty with which some posters are speaking about the appointment.

Some folks aren't waiting to see if he can be a success, or even saying they think he is likely not to be but are hoping he'll be a success, they're saying they know he's a bad appointment and they are absolutely outraged about it, and that he was only picked because he was the cheapest option and that it is all proof that SD is a skint chancer without a clue, because they deserve a better manager because we're Sunderland, and on and on and on and on and on....

They seem determined to sabotage any chance he might have of being a success by spreading absolute hatred of him from day one.

They seem determined to sabotage the possible investment in the club by slagging off the owner with the most disgusting bile they can spout because of the appointment.

Yep, let's hope they're choking on their own stupidity today

f***ing Bump you wet dribbling Fannies.:lol:

One game :lol: a bit premature with the “I told you so” perhaps. Can this thread also be bumped every time we lose?

Anyway, if you’d actually read what I’d said you’d see I’m not personally anti Parkinson, just stating the fact that many are.

Indeed. We won 5-0, of course I'm positive. Just a shame it had to happen at the first home game I've missed in over a year :lol:

Still, at least I'm tucked up in bed rather than halfway down the A19, which is where I would have been if I'd not had to miss tonight...

Same here. If, and it's a big IF, the performance matched the result, it is so like the luck I have that I wait years for a good performance, I wait years for a win in which we don't concede and I am at work when it happens.

But again if the performance matched the result then I am more than jubilant at what we must probably have played like. Finally we are at the end of the dark tunnel. A dark tunnel we have been travelling down for years. We can see a tiny chink of light of hope. Finally we look like we could be turning into a team capable of being one of the best. One of the most competitive. A team that wins and wins well.

No, you voice your concerns in a constructive and coherent manner. I never really chant negative things at the match as I think that's the time to get behind the team. On here though I'll voice any concerns I have, as it's the perfect and most obvious place to do so. Clubs monitor and use messageboards to gauge the general feeling of the fans.

Sorry if that confuses you.

So if someone is a member on here, and chooses not to voice there concerns, they need to have a look at themselves?

Ha, ha - was the opposite last night. When we got the first, we went for the second and then for the 3rd and kept going all night for more goals. It was the least defensive performance I can remember. Its early days indeed but one or two are going to get bumps galore if we continue the approach from last night because of the hysterical posts on his appointment like the one above. I hate the idea of bumping posts but some of the anti-Parkinson posts were utterly depressing.
Fuck off man you weapon:lol: He’s been a direct defence first manager at every club he’s been at. I’ve said on many threads that he was gonna have to do something he’s never done in his career to be successful at Safc. Last night was positive encouragement that he can do just that - which is brilliant news. However, even basic levels of comprehension could see the point I was getting at. It was never Parkinson’s appointment for me. It was the quality of the process that selected him. That was poor and showed little deep thought about our position. That still remains the case - and if Parkinson works out (and we all hope he does) it’ll be a moment of fortune that is despite the actions of the club rather than because of them. So feel free to bump as many of my posts as you like, you crashing bore. You won’t find any that slag Parkinson off.

He won’t be here come January. He’ll have us in the relegation zone. Deserves everything he gets.

:lol:

And another :lol: for the "Like" your post got off SBC.
I don't think anyone's turned on him after one game, people didn't want him as manager and still don't. If we are being honest parkinson was a poor appointment, we all know it and it will end in failure no matter how many times people insist we keep the faith and haway the lads etc etc. This season is over already and the only people happy with it are Stewart and Charlie because the balance sheet is tickety boo. It's amazing how many of our fans are accepting the rank mediocrity that we are becoming.

Oh dear.

Last edited:
:lol:

And another :lol: for the "Like" your post got off SBC.

Oh dear.
You must be having a laugh. One win and its back to the prem we go? Let's see how it pans out and see if you're still keen to look for quotes few games down the line.

I’d love him to prove me wrong, we aren’t a million miles away from second place either so it’s certainly possible. To me, it’s how we react when we do go one down.

Let's just hope the lads follow it up on Saturday. It's an opportunity to build some momentum. It's where Ross failed. Even when Ross was getting wins there was always a turgid draw around the corner.

The place could have a different feel after Southend.

Shame the team selected last night did not start on Saturday. A win against Wycombe would have put us 2nd today.
Great result and some good pressing football as well.
If they can keep that up then it will have been a very good appointment.
Onwards and Upwards!!

Fuck off man you weapon:lol: He’s been a direct defence first manager at every club he’s been at. I’ve said on many threads that he was gonna have to do something he’s never done in his career to be successful at Safc. Last night was positive encouragement that he can do just that - which is brilliant news. However, even basic levels of comprehension could see the point I was getting at. It was never Parkinson’s appointment for me. It was the quality of the process that selected him. That was poor and showed little deep thought about our position. That still remains the case - and if Parkinson works out (and we all hope he does) it’ll be a moment of fortune that is despite the actions of the club rather than because of them. So feel free to bump as many of my posts as you like, you crashing bore. You won’t find any that slag Parkinson off.
I remember when people said we just got lucky with Steve Bruce when we got 10th. You're just the same - you have your agenda and boy are you going to stick to it. If Parkinson works out then the owner deserves massive credit because he saw something that others didn't. However, you will just say it's luck. To me that is typical of a certain type of poster. Also, if you get criticised for your posts do you normally respond with petulant abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back