People paying a fortune to watch dj's at stadium gigs

By the same token why go and see a band live when they’ll probably play their music badly in comparison to the released singles/album?

Surely people go to any gig to mainly be around people who like similar music and to enjoy the atmosphere, or just to have a sing/dance about rather than necessarily critique the performance of the music.

By the same token why go and see a band live when they’ll probably play their music badly in comparison to the released singles/album?

Surely people go to any gig to mainly be around people who like similar music and to enjoy the atmosphere, or just to have a sing/dance about rather than necessarily critique the performance of the music.
For the stadium and arena gigs I’d agree. For smaller venues watching a band or a decent musician perform can be mesmerising and very uplifting. Being pissed with your mates helps.
I’d happily go and see Calvin Harris and would have a great time. Tickets would have to be deeply discounted

Just read some article about a Calvin Harris gig at Hampden where the tickets were a bastard fortune. Why would you want to watch someone playing other people's music while up on a huge stage on their own? In a club fair enough. Seems strange behaviour.
If people want to pay mega bucks , I say let them, just don't come begging when your skint...fecking ijits🤡

I saw Calvin Harris when he supported Rihanna at the SoL and felt it was absolutely pointless like, but probs have been totally different in a club environment. Also has to be either turntables with vinyl for me or a live PA (actually live though)

Something I wouldn't do, watch a DJ, If I watch bands, I prefer a small venue, wouldn't entertain a festival or a stadium gig, not my cup of tea.

I saw Calvin Harris when he supported Rihanna at the SoL and felt it was absolutely pointless like, but probs have been totally different in a club environment. Also has to be either turntables with vinyl for me or a live PA (actually live though)
Wasn’t that not David guetta

Hernan Cattaneo played out the back of plane to an airport last month....he's one of a few I'd actually pay to watch mind.

Back