People paying a fortune to watch dj's at stadium gigs

junglist31

Central Defender
Just read some article about a Calvin Harris gig at Hampden where the tickets were a bastard fortune. Why would you want to watch someone playing other people's music while up on a huge stage on their own? In a club fair enough. Seems strange behaviour.

Just read some article about a Calvin Harris gig at Hampden where the tickets were a bastard fortune. Why would you want to watch someone playing other people's music while up on a huge stage on their own? In a club fair enough. Seems strange behaviour.
No different to watching some 'artist' with all the help some of them will get surely,auto tune etc etc. Having gone to big events like this it's just on another level to a club, atmosphere and the equipment. Yes I know DJs especially nowadays are just button pressers, I mean I've literally been there when they've clearly been playing pre-recorded stuff. Still wouldn't gan as I'm too old for that shit now

Most people will be there filming it on their phones anyway so anyone who doesnt go can see it on social media later.

You do realise he’s released 45 singles of his own aye?
I thought his first album was superb - DIY punk ethos, spanned multiple genres etc. His early gigs had full backing band with him on vocals too.

Unfortunately as time has gone in he’s turned into just another mainstream superstar DJ which is a shame (although not unfortunate for him because he’s a multi-millionaire who can count Rita Ora and Taylor Swift amongst his ex girlfriends.)

Last edited:

He doesn't play other people's music. He writes, produces and plays his own stuff

The day the DJ’s became the star was the day music became officially fucked.
First time I went to Ibiza, I went to Manumission and it was a series of spaces, different DJs, things to watch on a stage. It was amazing.
Last time I went, I went to the same club, and it was a Tiesto event. Might as well of been in a warehouse - it was just everyone in one big stage with him at the front.

tbh, it was crap.

First time I went to Ibiza, I went to Manumission and it was a series of spaces, different DJs, things to watch on a stage. It was amazing.
Last time I went, I went to the same club, and it was a Tiesto event. Might as well of been in a warehouse - it was just everyone in one big stage with him at the front.

tbh, it was crap.
The trouble is I’m too old school.
DJ’s to me played records, spouted off a bit largely too much, and that was it.

Some people like going to stadia & watching other people kick footballs around.

Humans are mental.

Back