People flying drones

Status
Not open for further replies.

You don't own the airspace over your property, so no permission needed there.

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) sets the rules on drones in the UK under what is called an air navigation order.

• An unmanned aircraft must never be flown beyond the normal unaided "line of sight" of the person operating it - this is generally measured as 500m (1,640ft)horizontally or 400ft (122m) vertically
  • An unmanned aircraft fitted with a camera must always be flown at least 50m (164ft) distance away from a person, vehicle, building or structure
  • An unmanned aircraft fitted with a camera must not be flown within 150m (492ft) of a congested area or large group of people, such as a sporting event or concert
  • For commercial purposes, operators must have permission to fly a drone from the CAA

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) sets the rules on drones in the UK under what is called an air navigation order.

• An unmanned aircraft must never be flown beyond the normal unaided "line of sight" of the person operating it - this is generally measured as 500m (1,640ft)horizontally or 400ft (122m) vertically
  • An unmanned aircraft fitted with a camera must always be flown at least 50m (164ft) distance away from a person, vehicle, building or structure
  • An unmanned aircraft fitted with a camera must not be flown within 150m (492ft) of a congested area or large group of people, such as a sporting event or concert
  • For commercial purposes, operators must have permission to fly a drone from the CAA
I

I know what the rules are. My point is, the water authorities would be using a licensed operator who would have permission from the CAA to fly over properties. They wouldn't have to go around knocking on doors asking if people mind.
If someone is flying within 50m of your property report it.

I

I know what the rules are. My point is, the water authorities would be using a licensed operator who would have permission from the CAA to fly over properties. They wouldn't have to go around knocking on doors asking if people mind.
If someone is flying within 50m of your property report it.

i always thought i understood the rules. maximum height is 400ft. 50m is within 400ft - so in theory you can fly over 50m over someone’s house?

bad crack if so, cos you get some knobber buying a drone from curry’s, first flight and losing control/comms over a house and 3-4 kilos of drone freefalls onto your property. That’s more of a problem than a weirdo trying to take photos.

i always thought i understood the rules. maximum height is 400ft. 50m is within 400ft - so in theory you can fly over 50m over someone’s house?

bad crack if so, cos you get some knobber buying a drone from curry’s, first flight and losing control/comms over a house and 3-4 kilos of drone freefalls onto your property. That’s more of a problem than a weirdo trying to take photos.
Built up areas your supposed to keep 150m away. The new drone laws come into effect on the 30th July, then later next year users will have to register with the CAA and complete an online safety test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back