People flying drones

Status
Not open for further replies.

One was used today to help the fire brigade(bloke flying it wasn't a fireman, just a Joe public type) with a massive fire in some allotments, I can tell without even knowing him that the bloke will walk in to work tomorrow and declare himself a hero.

How did that work then ? Did it carry and drop buckets of water on the fire ?
And another thing, if my surname was Public, i'd be well pissed off if my parents called me Joseph.

Not to be trusted these droners.

I'm a blood droner. I don't do it for the benefit of society, i just get a buzz from it.

Last edited:
How did that work then ? Did it carry and drop buckets of water on the fire ?
And another thing, if my surname was Public, i'd be well pissed off if my parents called me Joseph.

I'm a blood droner. I don't do it for the benefit of society, i just get a buzz from it.

He just flew over and made a video of the fire from above, I guess it meant they could see exactly where the fire was and where they could best get at it.

Nearly came to blows with a bloke on our street over his flyong out of the back garden. I mentioned i wasn't comfortable with him flying a camera over my daughters bedroom velux window and he hit the roof, so to speak.

Don't think he had thought through the fact that it was a bit of an infringement of our privacy and went on the defensive as if i was making an actual acusation.

All sorted with hugs and handshakes in the end but it was close to fisticuffs in the street at one point, pretty embarassing on both our parts to be honest. Its amazing how fast things can escalate when two people have their respective buttons pressed.

If a drone was spying on you boy would you hear it as well as see it it would need to be 20ft away to ‘see’ anything
There are no photo zoom lenses on any ‘prosumer’ drones on the market FACT
Pro drones yes but you need a liscence for those, and all this bollix about being near airports at 5000ft it just does not happen they only fly to 1500ft which is illegal but no where near 5000ft these near misses happen

One was used today to help the fire brigade(bloke flying it wasn't a fireman, just a Joe public type) with a massive fire in some allotments, I can tell without even knowing him that the bloke will walk in to work tomorrow and declare himself a hero.

If he’s a joe public type, he is a hero.

Drones are class, as with everything, it’s a minority of bellends that spoil it. Ban bellends and nonces before banning drones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back