Pelanty shootout question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure what exactly the question was.

If you reach a penalty shoot-out and your keeper is injured then an outfield player would need to be nominated to go in goal.

If you reach a penalty shoot-out and your keeper is injured then an outfield player would need to be nominated to go in goal.

Ah you are asking if the injured keeper could take a penalty. I don't think so. In the same way as if a goalkeeper broke his wrist during the match and you had no subs left, an outfield player would need to go in goal but you couldn't then put the keeper with the broken wrist out on the wing to stop you going down to 10 men

The question was:

11 players still on pitch
All subs used
Goalkeeper has injured both wrists but can kick
Centre forward is Niall Quinn
Pelanties in champs league final!!!!

Can Niall Quinn go in goals for all of the pelanties?
Can lee camp not go in goals but be nominated to take 1 pelanty?

The answer seems to be yes.

I'm drinking my own concoctions of drink( triple vodka shot of shatruce or how ever you spell it and a bottle of wkd with ice in a pint glass lush )tonight am I that fucked or is the op not making any sense .

Ah you are asking if the injured keeper could take a penalty. I don't think so. In the same way as if a goalkeeper broke his wrist during the match and you had no subs left, an outfield player would need to go in goal but you couldn't then put the keeper with the broken wrist out on the wing to stop you going down to 10 men

Although very unusual as normally its a bad injury, I didn't realise when an outfield player goes in the keeper he replaces MUST leave the pitch. If so then clearly he would not get to be a penalty taker. I suppose it's effectively an 'emergency substitution', many special rules around keeper. Taking this further if all subs have been used I assume a real keeper (or non-keeper) cannot take the injured keeper's place - you don't want a late in the game injury to your keeper!!

The question was:

11 players still on pitch
All subs used
Goalkeeper has injured both wrists but can kick
Centre forward is Niall Quinn
Pelanties in champs league final!!!!

Can Niall Quinn go in goals for all of the pelanties?
Can lee camp not go in goals but be nominated to take 1 pelanty?

The answer seems to be yes.
It has to be sugary pop or it won't work

If it's LSD you just have to ride it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back