Peaky Blinders series 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to the Black Country Living Museum, where much of Peaky Blinders is filmed, last week. I was like a kid in a sweet shop as I walked around the forge and down by the barges etc.
Mrs Tomma and the kids have never watched Peaky Blinders so they didn’t quite get it, but I had a mint time!

I'm enjoying it. It's maybe guilty of being a little over directed at times but some of the camerawork is fantastic.
A couple of the strands of the story are a little irritating but on the whole I think they are doing a good job and staying true to the format.
Other shows on the BBC have dumbed down as they've become popular but they seem to be keeping standards up and I expect the action will increase in coming episodes.

This series is in too stylised and dumbed down in plot for the American market i reckon. Visually great but plots are on the whole shite. I suppose it could be said the plots were stretched for previous series though.

This series is in too stylised and dumbed down in plot for the American market i reckon. Visually great but plots are on the whole shite. I suppose it could be said the plots were stretched for previous series though.
Yeah the yanks put good money in for this series apparently, so it's going to go that way. More plots back across the pond as the series goes on as well, I reckon.

Yeah the yanks put good money in for this series apparently, so it's going to go that way. More plots back across the pond as the series goes on as well, I reckon.

I'm sure that I read that the next series will be filmed entirely in the Black Country / Smallheath area Flicky, if so that's good for that community and the history. Plenty of local slack eyed loons for extras too 😁 😁

Agree with this - too many dry ice, well lit, slo-mo scenes with 'cool' music playing.

Gone for style over substance - shame

I really can’t get over how bad Jimmy McCavern’s Scottish accent is. It’s a British-made programme yet it’s the kind of thing I’d expect from a yank tv show.

How difficult could it have been to find a mean looking bastard that’s actually from Glasgow to play him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back