Paul Cook

Could be 22 by end of tonight if we win at Dagenham as it’s one of our games in hand with Barnet etc not playing.

Budget is bigger partly due to our crowds which are better than most league 2 and some league 1 clubs but Grigg/naylor aside we’ve not done what Wrexham did and paid a fortune to ex league players. Rest of side is either young lads picked up after release from league clubs or our keeper is on loan from Everton after playing in National League north for Chester last season then we’ve loads that have generally been non league for the majority of their careers. Lad who scored last few games was picked up from Macclesfield earlier this season.

Big budget hasn’t helped likes of Oldham who have chucked £4K a week at Norwood and can barely maintain a play off challenge. They’ve loads of ex league players, Barnet have Gary hooper and just signed Luke freeman who was promoters with Luton last season. National league is basically league 3 these days and standard of a lot of teams in there is better than league 2 with the current promotion/relegation setup causing a bottleneck.

What we’ve done so far this season is pretty ridiculous to be honest and we could be title winners by first week of March! This side would have been there with Wrexham and county last season.
Soft spot for Chessie, was born near the Dronfield bypass.

Good luck.

I‘m watching them on Saturday against Ebbsfleet
Hopefully you'll get to see our 16th home win of the season from our 17th home game of the season and our unbeaten home record go to i think about 25 games as we currently havent lost at home since April 7th when we lost 3-1 to York. This season we have only dropped 2 points at home when we drew with Oldham second home game of the season and that was through a late equaliser that should have been disallowed for offside and then the ref ended the game early due to Oldham fans invading the pitch.

Could be 22 by end of tonight if we win at Dagenham as it’s one of our games in hand with Barnet etc not playing.

Budget is bigger partly due to our crowds which are better than most league 2 and some league 1 clubs but Grigg/naylor aside we’ve not done what Wrexham did and paid a fortune to ex league players. Rest of side is either young lads picked up after release from league clubs or our keeper is on loan from Everton after playing in National League north for Chester last season then we’ve loads that have generally been non league for the majority of their careers. Lad who scored last few games was picked up from Macclesfield earlier this season.

Big budget hasn’t helped likes of Oldham who have chucked £4K a week at Norwood and can barely maintain a play off challenge. They’ve loads of ex league players, Barnet have Gary hooper and just signed Luke freeman who was promoters with Luton last season. National league is basically league 3 these days and standard of a lot of teams in there is better than league 2 with the current promotion/relegation setup causing a bottleneck.

What we’ve done so far this season is pretty ridiculous to be honest and we could be title winners by first week of March! This side would have been there with Wrexham and county last season.
You forgot to mention them brothers that put £2 mill into the club last summer

You forgot to mention them brothers that put £2 mill into the club last summer
Yeh they did but that didnt go on players as such more the club infrastructure such as the redevlopment of the training ground at Hasland to make it fit for purpose, a new building in the car park of the ground that will be a club bar on match days but also a room for hire, community trust stuff etc during the week although think that got stuck in planning and has been shelved temporarily. They are on board to try and help the guys from the trust that ended up running a club when they took over from Dave Allen and even they would say needed some help on the business side.

Hopefully you'll get to see our 16th home win of the season from our 17th home game of the season and our unbeaten home record go to i think about 25 games as we currently havent lost at home since April 7th when we lost 3-1 to York. This season we have only dropped 2 points at home when we drew with Oldham second home game of the season and that was through a late equaliser that should have been disallowed for offside and then the ref ended the game early due to Oldham fans invading the pitch.

I‘m pitch side on Saturday 📸

You mention Oldham, I should also be pitch side for that one on the 16th March providing it’s not moved. From a selfish point of view I’m hoping that’s the day they win the league but I think it could be sooner.

I‘m pitch side on Saturday 📸

You mention Oldham, I should also be pitch side for that one on the 16th March providing it’s not moved. From a selfish point of view I’m hoping that’s the day they win the league but I think it could be sooner.
I'll keep an eye out for you....i'll be there as i've picked a good year to have my first season ticket in a few years partly because its got difficult to get tickets the last season or where i sit with some friends. Could be lively at Oldham if that does happen after the scenes earlier this season and the fact we'll get a good allocation and it'll sell out. I think however most seem to be eyeing up the fixtures on the 2nd and 9th March where we have two home games as the ones where it could happen.

Going to be plenty of fun and games with tickets from here on in....all our home games are on sale and the final game of the season which is 10 weeks away has nearly sold out in the home areas. People are hoping they find a way to do something with the 50 or so away fans that'll be there so we can have more of the East Stand.

I'll keep an eye out for you....i'll be there as i've picked a good year to have my first season ticket in a few years partly because its got difficult to get tickets the last season or where i sit with some friends. Could be lively at Oldham if that does happen after the scenes earlier this season and the fact we'll get a good allocation and it'll sell out. I think however most seem to be eyeing up the fixtures on the 2nd and 9th March where we have two home games as the ones where it could happen.

Going to be plenty of fun and games with tickets from here on in....all our home games are on sale and the final game of the season which is 10 weeks away has nearly sold out in the home areas. People are hoping they find a way to do something with the 50 or so away fans that'll be there so we can have more of the East Stand.
Was also a good year for my accountants to be sponsoring the ground

And 22pts clear it is then....if results were to go our way we could potentially clinch the title by the end of this month when we play at Barnet on 27th Feb but looking more likely to be early March. By the sounds of it we werent brilliant last night in pretty crap conditions but got the win and we carry on.

Played the furlough scheme quite well too. I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the time.
We did have a few on furlough but the bigger bonus was someone accidentally ticked a box on an insurance form that meant we got a payout for losing takings during lockdown!

A few from yesterday

Great shots, not the greatest game as we were crap and the pitch was worse. Possibly could still have won but hard to complain when we’re 23 points clear!!

Thought the 3rd was coming all second half but Ebbsfleet dug in and could well have gone home with all 3 points.

Back