Paul Collingwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Although Collingwood does get a mention in the article for the ludicrous decision to award him (and the rest of the team) MBE's for winning a game of cricket, I feel the main point of the article is that John Maley Snr. was never recognised for the apparent good work he did during his lifetime.

Personally I feel the distribution of honours and knighthoods should be done away with, but that's just my opinion.

People throwing hissy fits on here because someone with a connection to S.A.F.C. gets a bit of criticism in the press is pathetic really.

People like John Maley do get awarded MBE's etc, but they need to be brought to the attention of the powers that be. Why didn't the journalist who wrote the article nominate him for an honour? Anybody can do it.

Don't the Aussies slaughter him for accepting the award for the very minor part he played in Englands Ashes winning series.

Rob S said:
Don't the Aussies slaughter him for accepting the award for the very minor part he played in Englands Ashes winning series.

Only Shane Warne who has taken a personal dislike to Colly....the same Shane Warne who has just had his face pinned back into a permanent smile position, eyebrows waxed, a spray tan and hair implants.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jun2011/1/9/shane-warne-pic-getty-images-279890146.jpg

viccarlton said:
Never been where, in a dictionary?

Easy tiger

How absolutely PATHETIC was that article. It was crammed with bitter, vile jealousy. And just because they weren't geordies:oops:

KNGHTHOOD said:
How absolutely PATHETIC was that article. It was crammed with bitter, vile jealousy. And just because they weren't geordies:oops:

It was just like a guy sitting in a room
Thinking....who shall I pick on today? I know, I'll go back to 2005!!!

Bobby Moore...Martin Johnson....Paul Collingwood

Not bad for a lad from Shotley Bridge to be on the list World Cup Winning England Captains.

I love Colly to bits, he has been and still is a great ambassador to the North East. He probably didn't deserve the award at the time, but you cant question his dedication then and after it. I couldn't care less whether he has a few letters after his name, we gave Sir Niall Quinn some letters after his name too, who cares? It doesn't make anybody better than anybody else.

The article in question is a stocking filler imo, in which the main point of the awards of such honors is mute, especially when singling out Collingwood, the writer is obviously a cock-blocker of the highest order.

Fully agree with this. He was superb.

Showed his class to win us the game.

And afterwards he came out and showed his class by signing a load of autographs for kids. The line must have been over a hundred long, but nit one kid left disappointed.

Quality

Obviously written by a jealous mag who feels hard done to that their celebrity fans Ant and Dec haven't got an MBE yet.

Colly is a fantastic servant to English cricket, a great ambassador for the North East, and he also loves Sunderland.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/ot...deserve-an-mbe-but-some-don-t-79310-28983983/

Howay man, it's in the Sunday Sun. It's bound to be shite.

Collingwood had another shocker today I see . A decent little knock, and bowling figures of 4-0-19-4.

DurhamBoy said:
Was absolutely excellent for Durham this afternoon.

This afternoon he was magnificent. He shows he should never have been dropped by England. Another cock up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back