Paul Collingwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a utterly pointless article.

And Colly is a fantastic ambassador for the North East, so it's completely petty for him to be singled out in that context.

Mag scum again

Gateshead Marco said:
What a utterly pointless article.

And Colly is a fantastic ambassador for the North East, so it's completely petty for him to be singled out in that context.

Mag scum again

It's as if they had an empty column in the paper and just thought they would have a pop at a decent bloke to fill a space

Hardly bitter and it's not really having a go at Colly alone is it ???!

Jimmy Connor said:
To be fair he rally didn't deserve the honour

Even at the time he did, and if not then then surely now. It's not just because of the three ashes series he has won but for the first (and probably last) 20/20 world cup trophy he brought home as captain of England, and the thousands he has scored for Durham.....not to mention his work in schools across the North East which goes unseen. And again....he is a huge Sunderland fan :)

My point is there are thousands of businessmen who've cosied up to the Labour and Conservate parties who have honours for doing nowt for the people of this country, so using Colly in that context is plainly wrong.

Colly was part of the team that regained the ashes, and while it was a minor part, he's done more than enough to warrant it since.

He always portrays a positive image for the region, coming across as an intelilligent, articulate and likeable bloke, unlike the Scum who turn out at Sid James every time a Sky camera crew turn up and make the rest of the country cringe and mock.

Mag scum

Although Collingwood does get a mention in the article for the ludicrous decision to award him (and the rest of the team) MBE's for winning a game of cricket, I feel the main point of the article is that John Maley Snr. was never recognised for the apparent good work he did during his lifetime.

Personally I feel the distribution of honours and knighthoods should be done away with, but that's just my opinion.

People throwing hissy fits on here because someone with a connection to S.A.F.C. gets a bit of criticism in the press is pathetic really.

While he is right that there are many people who are never recognised while fat self serving businessmen invariably are, it is a cheap shot at Colly and rather pathetic of him.

"Sir" John Hall would have been a much better comparison imo.

zebediah said:
While he is right that there are many people who are never recognised while fat self serving businessmen invariably are, it is a cheap shot at Colly and rather pathetic of him.

"Sir" John Hall would have been a much better comparison imo.

Here here....as they say in the House of Lords :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back