Parts of the econony knackered forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was plenty who didn't after the pits and yards closed. It was out of choice though. It's pretty easy to get yourself on permanent sick if you have an industrial injury/disease to use as an excuse. There's plenty of jobs it shouldn't stop people from doing though.
As someone who suffered a serious injury but worked hard to get away from that position, staying on the sick is not a good or easy option these days. Broken back but thet signed me off before I could walk again.that was early 90s and much words now.
A lot of people are working from home at the moment. Employers may consider making that a permanent thing, and possibly outsource the jobs to countries where wages are lower ?
The landlords of office properties will stop their donations To the party, transport operators and the many others who provide services to the workers will be up in arms.

Last edited:
Not if jobs are going abroad. But aye, it gets rid of the need to have all the top jobs in London.

London is in big big trouble. Whilst the rest of the country starts to get back to a new normal with people out and spending, London is a ghost town.

It’s huge reliance on those that work there spending whilst they are there has the city in huge trouble.

Value of buildings, rental values etc are already under huge pressure and this will only increase

We will diversify (again). New industries will spring up when new stuff gets invented. The Internet changed many aspects of working life and making money. Something similarly life changing will pop up at some point.

London is in big big trouble. Whilst the rest of the country starts to get back to a new normal with people out and spending, London is a ghost town.

It’s huge reliance on those that work there spending whilst they are there has the city in huge trouble.

Value of buildings, rental values etc are already under huge pressure and this will only increase

Because most can graft from home.

But local high streets will benefit in towns and villages surrounding the capital.

The law of unintended consequences in action.
A seemingly benevolent action with dramatic outcomes.
Working from home sounds ideal until you realise the unintended consequences for soceity. If your a business now paying £100k a year to someone working from home in Reading rather than in the office. You can replace them with someone doing the same in Mumbai
Latest figures ....I'd of copied Telegraph but paywall rather tham this rag Covid jobs bloodbath as people employed falls 730,000 since lockdown
Latest figures ....I'd of copied Telegraph but paywall rather tham this rag Covid jobs bloodbath as people employed falls 730,000 since lockdown

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back