Parole board tells Venables he's not getting out.

I don’t get the clamour for the death penalty in these cases. Make the **** suffer. What he did to that poor lad was barbaric and he deserves the same. Death should be the thing he wants most and can’t have.

I don’t get the clamour for the death penalty in these cases. Make the **** suffer. What he did to that poor lad was barbaric and he deserves the same. Death should be the thing he wants most and can’t have.
Me neither.

When I went to the USA in 2005 it was just after the 7/7 London bombings. Whilst going through immigration the officer said that she stood with us in the fight against terrorism. She also said its a pity we didn't have the death penalty. I said I was pleased as people like terrorists etc should be held in solitary in a 10x10m padded cell with no light except from the food hatch. Every few days they should be taken out and kicked to within an inch of their life for the enirety of their sentence. She must've thought I was absolutely babrbaric by the look she gave me. Maybe I am.

She let me in anyway.

Me neither.

When I went to the USA in 2005 it was just after the 7/7 London bombings. Whilst going through immigration the officer said that she stood with us in the fight against terrorism. She also said its a pity we didn't have the death penalty. I said I was pleased as people like terrorists etc should be held in solitary in a 10x10m padded cell with no light except from the food hatch. Every few days they should be taken out and kicked to within an inch of their life for the enirety of their sentence. She must've thought I was absolutely babrbaric by the look she gave me. Maybe I am.

She let me in anyway.
I like you!

They'd also use OUR money to go through what would be an awfully complex and costly process to eventually execute him. Not to mention the costly training and after care for those who would administer the penalty.

The idea that execution is cheaper than incarceration has time and again been proven to be a complete myth.

I doubt "a nice full belly, a nice warm room with a telly and a Playstation" is very accurate either.

This person may be seriously disturbed and potentially will remain dangerous - maybe for a lifetime.

But are those calling for the death penalty on him suggesting he should have been hanged at the time of his crime, when he was 11?

This person may be seriously disturbed and potentially will remain dangerous - maybe for a lifetime.

But are those calling for the death penalty on him suggesting he should have been hanged at the time of his crime, when he was 11?
Course they are.

There is a weird game on the internet where people take the most extreme views on punishment for crime, there are bonus points where they think people should be tortured

They'd also use OUR money to go through what would be an awfully complex and costly process to eventually execute him. Not to mention the costly training and after care for those who would administer the penalty.

The idea that execution is cheaper than incarceration has time and again been proven to be a complete myth.

I doubt "a nice full belly, a nice warm room with a telly and a Playstation" is very accurate either.
I used to work in a prison and your last sentence is wrong, thats how it was

Apparently he went mad when he was told he'd been denied parole, and was shouting and screaming.

This is one reason why I favour prison sentences over capital punishment.

He's clearly deeply unhappy in prison. Executing him would give him an easy way out.

We just need to acknowledge that some people are bad and need to be locked up (the UK prison system gave up on any possibility of rehabilitation for some prisoners years ago).

State sponsored murder doesn't solve anything and would likely cause even more serious issues.

Just look at the number of miscarriages of justice over the years
Sorry, no miscarriage of justice in this one, why should I have to contribute to his continued life.
What he wants is to be out of prison

Last edited:
Sorry, no miscarriage of justice in this one, why should I have to contribute to his continued life.

What he wants is to be out of prison
So make him believe he will. Give him a date of release. Then make it as horrible as possible to live until said date. I’m talking Japanese WW2 types of horrible. Then on that date, give him another life sentence.

Watch all hope drain from him..

Back