Parole board tells Venables he's not getting out.

For people like him I fully support the death penalty. The government use YOUR money to keep this c* alive while the rest of us struggle with food and heating bills. Probably sitting there now with a nice full belly in a nice warm room with a telly and a playstation.
Nah the death penalty. We've moved on since medieval times.
Obviously he's beyond a wrongun like don't get me wrong.

For people like him I fully support the death penalty. The government use YOUR money to keep this c* alive while the rest of us struggle with food and heating bills. Probably sitting there now with a nice full belly in a nice warm room with a telly and a playstation.
đź‘Ź

It’s also in some cases far too good for the people receiving it. But agreed it’s barbaric on the whole
We just need to acknowledge that some people are bad and need to be locked up (the UK prison system gave up on any possibility of rehabilitation for some prisoners years ago).

State sponsored murder doesn't solve anything and would likely cause even more serious issues.

Just look at the number of miscarriages of justice over the years

We just need to acknowledge that some people are bad and need to be locked up (the UK prison system gave up on any possibility of rehabilitation for some prisoners years ago).

State sponsored murder doesn't solve anything and would likely cause even more serious issues.

This.

I'd also add that once you approve the death penalty does it stop at murder or does it get rolled out to other crimes, especially as a populist measure given recent government ministers like Braverman? It shouldn't be up to any government to decide who should legally die in the name of justice.

Last edited:
They'd also use OUR money to go through what would be an awfully complex and costly process to eventually execute him. Not to mention the costly training and after care for those who would administer the penalty.

The idea that execution is cheaper than incarceration has time and again been proven to be a complete myth.

I doubt "a nice full belly, a nice warm room with a telly and a Playstation" is very accurate either.

I'd need to know how much my heating bill would be reduced following his execution in order to agree with you. 20% would do it.

Death penalty when he was 10 years old? Society can not execute children. I'm for the death penalty in certain cases mind, Huntley for example.

I don't know if it's right but watching the film Just Mercy about a true story about death row miscarriage. The stat goes. For every 10 people killed on death row in America, 1 person is fully exonerated. Shocking stat if true.

Back