Parkinson Out!

This already has the hallmarks of the end, albeit I still think it’ll be a drawn out death.

I didn’t want him, but up to now it’s been far worse than I thought and he has to shoulder some blame. His team selection and tactics are as poor as the previous manager.

He’s only had 4 league games mind. Give him Coventry and Burton at home, Gillingham away and Blackpool at home. 8-10 points from that lot and we won’t be far off course for promotion.

Whether Parkinson was the right or wrong appointment.
I still believe a Manager needs at least 3 transfer windows to be judged fairly.
Unfortunately as soon as they lose any majority they barely get one.
We need to target players and spend some money, we need to get rid of the he will do attitude!Its not parky's fault itd don,charlie ans santi's fault!
He’s only had 4 league games mind. Give him Coventry and Burton at home, Gillingham away and Blackpool at home. 8-10 points from that lot and we won’t be far off course for promotion.

You may be right,but i think your wrong!The january window will be the decider in my book ..spend no money and although there is no way of forcing him out donald will have lost even the most die hard fans!

Last edited:
And that would send any kind of budget we have for January up in smoke.

Well yes, but only because we, for some unfathomable reason, gave him a 2.5 year contract even though if he succeeded in getting us up there were major doubts about how well he'd do there, and if he didn't we'd want him gone. If he wouldn't take an 18 month deal we should have moved on. As for your previous post, yes the fans did want Ross gone, but you can't trot out the "he did what the fans want, they can't complain" line when, having done so, he then went completely against what the fans wanted by making an unambitious, cheap appointment that almost none of the fans wanted. Ross had to go but this bloke didn't have to come in. He deserves time before being under pressure of course, and league games are the ones that really matter this season, but any fool could tell we really needed a lift, a manager with confidence, personality and a set of balls, Donald then went and got one of the most uninspiring appointments anyone could wish for

Love the way sly little digs at fans are said. Where is the self reflection where you make a cluster of an appointment that sends the club further backwards? We are so bad it is now funny. The podcasts are great to laugh at, if you can stomach that level of bullshit trotted out.

We need to target players and spend some money, we need to get rid of the he will do attitude!Its not parky's fault itd don,charlie ans santi's fault!

You may be right,but i think your wrong!The january window will be the decider in my book ..spend no money and although there is no way of forcing him out donald will have lost even the most die hard fans!
We will see. I can’t get all annoyed after tonight though, we all wanted out deep down. Against league one opposition
Wycombe 1-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 5-0 Tranmere
Shrewsbury 1-0 Sunderland
Oxford 1-1 Sunderland
Sunderland 1-0 Southend
Sunderland 1-1 Gillingham

Against Wycombe we were awful, Tranmere excellent, Shrewsbury very good and desperately unlucky, Oxford -turgid but I would rip your arm off for 1-1 at Oxford next year, Southend - awful all round, Gillingham - good first half, awful second half.

Part of the problem was thst many bought the legend about the squad being better than it really was. Now the pidgeons have come home to roost. It’s hard to tell if Ross was getting the best tune that he coukd out of them. Why take on a club of this size without the money to turn it around.

But we beat Tranmere 5-0? That was purely down to Parky and his change in tactics and ideas, I read it on here. Ross was shit, Parky is shit, sack Parky and whoever Donald picks after that will be shit as Donald is shit.

Ross was doing shite and not a single fan would have appointed PP man.
That is the point massively that some of the Ross supporters are missing
Unfortunately Ross has gone as far as he could he really should’ve went after the Charlton game.
Unfortunately we have got people running the club that aren’t big enough for the club the size of ours. They’ve appointed someone who isn’t really up to the task but the problem also is that the squad assembled on the cheap is just not good enough pay peanuts you get monkeys

You should bin him off. Someone like nigel adkins would do well.

A few might laugh at that but he turned southampton around from a similar position, works with youth, plays decent football & done a very good job at hull last year on a tight budget ( as you are)

Listened to his post match interview, I'm wondering why they played lads who were basically carrying knocks. Given they have two weeks to now work with lads (which has been an excuse so far) it seems madness you'd risk knackering them in a nothing game so they can't join in with this critical period of training.

We've been going backwards since the end of last season that's why Ross got the bullet. Until the right type of players come into the club nowt will change..

I reckon we have a year before the emergency services will be needed. More of the same in January and SCs will see a dramatic fall. There wll be hell,on from the Dingers when they build those houses onthe academy.

The owners can see that this piss poor management appointment is not working, we are more likely to be relegated under this clowns leadership than promotion.

Back