Parkinson Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who is choosing to ignore the fact that we have improved over the last month or so has an obvious agenda. Simple as that.

I wanted him gone as much as anyone but to say “ah well results two months ago were shit so we should definitely sack him now we’re unbeaten in 9” should probably watch a different sport.
It’s the opposite of an agenda ! It’s when taking us from 15th to 5th is used as achievement . We were 5th when he got the job . That’s where we are now. We have improved significantly since Boxing Day however it’s back to square one in terms of where we were . The test is the next four weeks when we play four of the top sides .

I hate the habit the internet has of digging out a months old opinion and saying “See! You were so stupid! I knew this would happen because of my crystal ball! Want him out now? Eh? EH?!”

Sometimes I agree with that, but this time? Nah.

There's a bunch of our fans who went on like 10yr olds, throwing their toys out of the pram and lashing out after every defeat. Look at some of the comments here and some of the shit people said about him not doing press after a match.

So yeah, actually I hope people do keep upping these things as a reminder that for about a month, some of our fans were an embarrassment in how they turned on him. He may not be perfect, but if we develop a reputation for knee-jerk reactions like that, we won't get anyone better, and we'll remain a basket-case club. Let's not gloss over that and pretend we did it the right way.

Last edited:
Sometimes I agree with that, but this time? Nah.

There's a bunch of our fans who went on like 10yr olds, throwing their toys out of the pram and lashing out after every defeat. Look at some of the comments here and some of the shit people said about him not doing press after a match.

So yeah, actually I hope people do keep upping these things as a reminder that for about a month, some of our fans were an embarrassment in how they turned on him. He may not be perfect, but if we develop a reputation for knee-jerk reactions like that, we won't get anyone better, and we'll remain a basket-case club. Let's not gloss over that and pretend we did it the right way.
Well of course, there’s always a minority that go on like wailing morons, but any fan who says they were happy with our performances over Christmas and not questioning PPs decisions are deluded or lying.

It’s the opposite of an agenda ! It’s when taking us from 15th to 5th is used as achievement . We were 5th when he got the job . That’s where we are now. We have improved significantly since Boxing Day however it’s back to square one in terms of where we were . The test is the next four weeks when we play four of the top sides .
Course it's an achievement. When he took over we looked vulnerable and couldn't keep a clean sheet. To improve us, this season, he had to make a drastic change. Can't change style and fitness over night.

If he'd limped on and continued to play the Ross way, he'd be crucified.

I think he's been really brave and weathered a tornado. Come out the other side.

First time in a while where you can identify a style, a starting 11 and be confident going away from home.

Hats off to the bloke, I didn't see this coming at all.

I agree but if he does get us promoted we need to big enough to hold up our hands and admit we were wrong. He also deserves massive credit for turning us round.

of course we do, and many of us will be the first to do so - that doesn’t mean that we were wrong to ask the questions at the time.

of course we do, and many of us will be the first to do so - that doesn’t mean that we were wrong to ask the questions at the time.
It’s absolutely right questions needed to be asked mate, but some of the comments on here were hysterical, disproportionate and without the benefit of clairvoyance, downright wrong. I didn’t want him but understanding he was here had no choice but to give him some time to try and pull us out of the shite. After what’s happened to us in the past I had that “ ere we f***ing go again” feeling.
he’s done a very good job so far. Who knew 😂😂

Well of course, there’s always a minority that go on like wailing morons, but any fan who says they were happy with our performances over Christmas and not questioning PPs decisions are deluded or lying.

It didn't seem like a minority on here. Everyone was questioning him, which is fair enough, but there was a load of people hammering the bloke for everything he did, calling him a coward and 'the worst manager in our history'.

Getting rid of him just before Christmas was always a daft idea.

It didn't seem like a minority on here. Everyone was questioning him, which is fair enough, but there was a load of people hammering the bloke for everything he did, calling him a coward and 'the worst manager in our history'.

Getting rid of him just before Christmas was always a daft idea.

It was pretty clear that there were major issues behind the scenes when Parkinson took over. The team were dying a death with some of the main obvious issues being the lack of fitness in the team plus a clear lack of discipline on and off the pitch. He also needed to bring in players, including a fit (Gooch) and develop a system which works. All that takes time.

Some people just can't get that through their heads...

Well... I linked above to two posts where I specifically was defending him :D

Regardless, as you say, it wasn't a minority and I think people are rewriting a lot of history regarding Donald and Parkinson as it suits them. Turning on the fanzines is a classic example, given that RAWA, ALS etc must have been reading here at Christmas thinking there were about 90% of the fanbase wanting Donald out at all costs.

I said it on 606 the other day, but people seem genuinely perplexed by the idea that their words here and on there impact how the fanzines acted. Whether it's rumours about FPP waiting in the wings and Donald being unreasonable, almost universal anti-Parkinson posts, demands that Donald leave etc, it made the fanzines feel that standing by and letting it play out was not an option. I disagreed with their action (specifically the timing) but I understand why they did it, and some of the people second guessing them should take a look back at the posts around December by many, many people on both boards and ask whether their conclusions were reflective of the majority of opinions.

All the evidence of us being unbeaten in 9, 4 clean sheets in a row, and having gone from 15th to 5th?

You said you need to consider ALL the evidence. Bit hypocritical of you ignoring ALL the evidence.
The trend in January is upwards ye knacka....

What the fucks that got to do with anything? He quoted a post from November and had a go at someone for slagging Parkinson off back then. Didn’t say shit about Parky now

It’s absolutely right questions needed to be asked mate, but some of the comments on here were hysterical, disproportionate and without the benefit of clairvoyance, downright wrong. I didn’t want him but understanding he was here had no choice but to give him some time to try and pull us out of the shite. After what’s happened to us in the past I had that “ ere we f***ing go again” feeling.
he’s done a very good job so far. Who knew 😂😂

On the SMB? Never. I refuse to believe it. This website has a well earned reputation for not overreacting to wins or losses, ever.;)

Well... I linked above to two posts where I specifically was defending him :D

Regardless, as you say, it wasn't a minority and I think people are rewriting a lot of history regarding Donald and Parkinson as it suits them. Turning on the fanzines is a classic example, given that RAWA, ALS etc must have been reading here at Christmas thinking there were about 90% of the fanbase wanting Donald out at all costs.

I said it on 606 the other day, but people seem genuinely perplexed by the idea that their words here and on there impact how the fanzines acted. Whether it's rumours about FPP waiting in the wings and Donald being unreasonable, almost universal anti-Parkinson posts, demands that Donald leave etc, it made the fanzines feel that standing by and letting it play out was not an option. I disagreed with their action (specifically the timing) but I understand why they did it, and some of the people second guessing them should take a look back at the posts around December by many, many people on both boards and ask whether their conclusions were reflective of the majority of opinions.
Oh don’t misunderstand, a majority were asking questions, but a minority were over the top.

On the SMB? Never. I refuse to believe it. This website has a well earned reputation for not overreacting to wins or losses, ever.;)
If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic sport we’d have dozens of gold medal winners marra. Sometimes educational, sometimes inspiring, sometimes infuriating, but never boring.

[

It doesn't fit the narrative of the whingeing little fannies on here who can't accept when they are wrong mate.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Parkinson deserves a shot in the championship if he gets us up. He has had to sort out the fitness of the lads as well as bring in some suitable transfers. Why don't you judge the bloke at the end of the season ,who knows he might be the catalyst for greater things for our club.
Must be one of the 10000 fans who always wanted Parky and knew he’d become a regional hero. Despite there being no evidence to support this position from prior to us winning games
Nah just some supporters are a little more grown up and patient.
[/QUOTE]

He deserves fck all. We should be aiming for the playoffs not just staying alive.

It was pretty clear that there were major issues behind the scenes when Parkinson took over. The team were dying a death with some of the main obvious issues being the lack of fitness in the team plus a clear lack of discipline on and off the pitch. He also needed to bring in players, including a fit (Gooch) and develop a system which works. All that takes time.

Some people just can't get that through their heads...

Not to mention the Sherpa Van Trophy, Rumbelows Cup, FA Cup and replays he had to contend with as soon as he walked through the door, when he didn't know who was who. Pretty difficult to put league & cup squads together, never mind establish a style of play given those circumstances and variables.

There's no denying he struggled even after those run of games, I had my doubts myself after the insipid 1-1 draw with Coventry (thanks, Kimpioka by the way).
But the mitigating circumstances (as you also mentioned above) should have definitely given more time before the knives came out.

Really pleased he seems to be a mentally tough character, he needed / needs to be. HAWAY PARKY. HAWAY THE LADS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back