Parachute Payments

Southampton brought in £200 million in sales

Thank you. Just checked and yeah, I screwed that badly :lol: But it only adds more weight to my argument that parachutes payments haven't helped So'ton as they're supporting themselves without the extra cash.

The three relegated clubs have all had time in the EPL to build up these player reserves and are currently self-sufficient. The teams to watch will be Burnley and Sheff Utd on their almost certain drop as they haven't been sensible. Burnley have bought over £100M to try and stay in the EPL but only sold £3M. Sheff Utd have bought £66 and sold £33. Unless Burnley deplete their squad like they did on their previous relegation, can't see them not needing the parachute payments to survive. Forest may be the other to drop and their figures are just as bad. £131M bought this season alone and £81M in sold players.

Regarding Burnley, they had PP when they got relegated 2 seasons ago. Now they've been promoted, would they get PP from the previous relegation or would it reset for the forthcoming season ?

That might not be a bad business model for us as we try to rebuild. Shit for fans though.
I think that is the plan mate ..sustainably get promoted sustainably get relegated bank the rest! and on and on !it makes perfect business sense.

Back