Panackelty fever pitch

I’m from Peterlee mate. My mam has just got back to me and said it is a common term. I’d never heard of it but me mam says literally every woman from the region calls it that. It’s a skill. The very essence of our region.
I’ve lived in East Durham (DH6) all my life, I often make panackelty myself and I must say that I’ve never heard the term brewing up used in respect of making this dish.

I’ve lived in East Durham (DH6) all my life, I often make panackelty myself and I must say that I’ve never heard the term brewing up used in respect of making this dish.
South Hetton must be part of the same brewing black hole (Assuming South Hetton as other areas of DH6 I wouldn’t consider East Durham)

Just text me mam. Her reply was “are you f***ing backwards? Told you not to get in touch with me again” so can’t help you out I’m afraid
Ask your dad to ask your mam if she refers to it ass brewing up.
Tell you what mind perfect brewing up weather this
Freezing out. Kitchen windows will be on the sneck all over wearside what with hot pans of steaming panac being brewed up by Housewives waiting for their husbands coming in from a cold building site or summat

Last edited:
Ask your dad to ask your mam if she refers to it ass brewing up.

Freezing out. Kitchen windows will be on the sneck all over wearside what with hot pans of steaming panac being brewed up by Housewives waiting for their husbands coming in from a cold building site or summat
They’ve been divorced 30+ years. Think he’d get the same back

One of those things you've never heard before and has never been said anywhere then along comes an @OOOSH YEAH thread and all of a sudden I'm starting to believe it's a real thing.

Back