Pakistan 🇵🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st test Rawalpindi

I reckon they'll bat til tea if they last that long.

An England of the past might’ve done, this side won’t.

700 means Pakistan would have to score 500 just to avoid the follow-on and I reckon we’ll reach that total within the first hour after Lunch, if not before. Batting til Tea would mean we’d only get an hour at them before the light closes in. England will know what happened in March and this regime is very positive with their intent.

An England of the past might’ve done, this side won’t.

700 means Pakistan would have to score 500 just to avoid the follow-on and I reckon we’ll reach that total within the first hour after Lunch, if not before. Batting til Tea would mean we’d only get an hour at them before the light closes in. England will know what happened in March and this regime is very positive with their intent.

They are very positive, but I suspect they may be concerned about the bowlers having to do so much work. Appreciate a session doesn't seem much however, if someone pulls up lame it's a big ask for the rest of them and they've scored so quickly it's not really a big deal batting a session longer.

Regardless, it's been an incredible day's test cricket. I'm just hoping we get a laugh with Stokes and Livingstone tomorrow

Odd.

Agreed. Batted ridiculously well to give us a chance, but thats the point, it gives us a chance. It is pretty meaningless otherwise IMO.

WTF!?

You’re such an incredibly strange man

Something going on why you post all this utter shite, can’t work out what but it’s so so weird.
I’m not all about the style at the minute

With all due respect you know nowt about cricket. I played a very decent standard for 20 years.

They might not bat till tea, but that's what I'd do.
With no respect at all you know nowt about decent standards. I played cricket for 20 years.

You might bat till tea, but that’s not what I’d do.

Stokes gan 😡😡😡😡😡
Seems harsh to criticise but once again a 100 has gone wanting because hes gone too hard....
Brook 27 runs off an over, record for England....nearly got 6 boundaries again but only got 3 from the last ball.
A stunning knock this 150 up
And it's over now :(
153 from 116 balls

Last edited:
With all due respect you know nowt about cricket. I played a very decent standard for 20 years.

They might not bat till tea, but that's what I'd do.
You have obviously failed to read the room as far as the current regime are concerned that’s for sure
Seems harsh to criticise but once again a 100 has gone wanting because hes gone too hard....
Brook 27 runs off an over, record for England....nearly got 6 boundaries again but only got 3 from the last ball.
A stunning knock this 150 up
And it's over now :(
153 from 116 balls
Yes you are right it is hard to criticise.

Last edited:

Back