Oysters

The kids from seaburn dean have been involved in some way
It might improve the water too
That's the whole point. They are amazing at filtering water and improving water quality. They used to be a big part of our diet, used for thickening stews and all sorts. At the moment Roker marina and Blyth have been growing oysters in cages then they will be put on artificial reefs off shore and should thrive. 105 thousand tonnes of shells have been collected to form the basis of the reef. I believe this was done last weekend.

They can stay there. Chewy salty snot is what they are. People only pretend to like them to seem cool. I can taste the sea....well durr you're tasting salt water ya fekkin eejit.
I went to harrods many years ago ( look at me) and their fish counter is absolutely amazing.
They were selling oysters for £1 each at samples so I thought I’d have a go.
I got the gadgie to “prep” the thing and I ate it and chewed it. The bloke was nearly sick and in broken English he explained that you just swallow. What’s the point?
Sexual innuendo intended but it did happen i say

They can stay there. Chewy salty snot is what they are. People only pretend to like them to seem cool. I can taste the sea....well durr you're tasting salt water ya fekkin eejit.
They're not very chewy like. They're quite soft and creamy.

Unless they're cooked, but that's a complete waste as far as I'm concerned

I've tried oysters but just don't see the attraction. One or two are OK as a nibble but don't see the point in eating a whole plateful. Far too much effort for such a tiny amount of food and still be hungry at the end.

That's the whole point. They are amazing at filtering water and improving water quality. They used to be a big part of our diet, used for thickening stews and all sorts. At the moment Roker marina and Blyth have been growing oysters in cages then they will be put on artificial reefs off shore and should thrive. 105 thousand tonnes of shells have been collected to form the basis of the reef. I believe this was done last weekend.
I’ll load them , you fire them

Back