Oxford vaccine

CSIRO have been doing animal trials on the Oxford vaccine and a similar US one since the first week in April, and Monash University ( Melbourne) have 3 ready for trials.

Google CSIRO covid 19 .Queensland uni are starting human trials next week I think,one of the researchers there has a good blog

virologydownunder .com

I didn't think they were too confident.Bill Gates might come through pumping all that money in for research.
Have a Google of Peter Doherty institute too.

Nobel prize winning immunologist that they pulled out of retirement to put a few shifts in at the Doherty institute that he founded.

Last edited:
Caught a bit on Channel 4 news, John Bell from Oxford University saying its vaccine is now in Phase III trials over the world and IF it's proven to work then approval would come in middle of September and majority of UK could get it by Christmas.

Caught a bit on Channel 4 news, John Bell from Oxford University saying its vaccine is now in Phase III trials over the world and IF it's proven to work then approval would come in middle of September and majority of UK could get it by Christmas.
Was reading yesterday they have capacity to make 2 billion doses. UK have secured 100m, US 300m

Why is barely anybody really talking about this and these very little evidence it actually works.

All seems too good to be true.

It's been on lot of sites this week about trials moving to Brazil where disease is more prevalent and Astra Zeneca securing deals to make 2 billion does over next year. Early results may come this month but apparently they will know by August if it safe and works.

That’s literally how medical trials have worked since the beginning of time.
He's a leech man mate, tried and tested. None of this new fangled medical science for him, he even goes to a barber's to get his teeth counted.
What are your qualifications that suggest this is somehow not achievable? Specific qualifications, including which universities you attended, which years etc.
LOOK SQUIRREL!
There’s nothing dangerous about it at all. It’s the same way they make other vaccines with a couple of different proteins.
He doesn't believe in those either. The fact he has survived into adulthood long enough to slate them and hasn't died as a bairn or been crippled by polio is just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Yes, the 60,000 excess deaths didn’t happen.
It seems the 3,500 hospital admissions in 1 day in the UK didn't happen either at the peak 10 days after the lockdown started. If only they'd not locked down and let it burn out as the Professor says we should have done (like Sweden). This certainly isn't as widespread as he thinks so left unchecked it had plenty more people to infect and we could have seen silly numbers if we hadn't locked down in the manner we did. Yet again, it seem someone else regardless of being a professor is not taking into account Sweden actually had measures in place to slow the spread down, they just weren't as harsh as ours which weren't as harsh as Spain & Italy (LINK).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the 60,000 excess deaths didn’t happen.
'They all would have died anyway'.
'They died of Pneumonia/heart failure/stroke'.
'We count deaths differently'.
'What if they tested positive but... but... had died in a car crash?'
Mate, I've come to terms with the fact that some people are just f***ing thick. I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain things to them. Universal healthcare and vaccines recently seem to have been causing loads of idiots, maybe they have a point after all.

He has some valid points but not sure about the science behind them. 60k excess deaths at this point of the year despite lockdown is pretty clear evidence this could have been much worse unchecked. I’d guess at 100k without any measures by now and we’d probably still only have 30 or 40 percent infected. I think Ferguson was clear that his numbers were reasonable worst case without intervention and I suspect they wouldn’t have been far off.

Back