Oxford vaccine

I thought they were already producing the vaccine now on the hope/expectation of it working and we'd have millions of doses ready to be distributed in September (if trial are concluded and results are back by then).
I think they are. This is probably to scale up even further to produce hundreds of millions. I think some is being made in India as well.

I think they are. This is probably to scale up even further to produce hundreds of millions. I think some is being made in India as well.

I’ve got no problem with them just giving the ‘recipe’ to anybody to make wherever they are. Leaders can be twats. The general population generally not - they’re just like us, and we should help them if we can.

That said, it’s not my money that’s gone on R&D.

I’ve got no problem with them just giving the ‘recipe’ to anybody to make wherever they are. Leaders can be twats. The general population generally not - they’re just like us, and we should help them if we can.

That said, it’s not my money that’s gone on R&D.

Can you do that with a vaccine.

I'd have thought they would have to go through the same trials.

Can you do that with a vaccine.

I'd have thought they would have to go through the same trials.
Each country will have its own rules to allow a drug or vaccine on the market.

I suspect they will have exceptional circumstances if it's shown to work they will accept the trials done so far as proof of safety

Phase I from Oxford due to be published anytime now

Good news on those new deals today but the messages from the politicians today has been all over the place

BBC breakfast had the education secretary saying vaccine could come after the winter before an hour later the person in charge ot the UK vaccine task force says Oxford/Pfizer could come in November.

An hour later Boris Johnson suggested it could be 2022 before any vaccine. This just three days after saying we could be back to normal by November

Good news on those new deals today but the messages from the politicians today has been all over the place

BBC breakfast had the education secretary saying vaccine could come after the winter before an hour later the person in charge ot the UK vaccine task force says Oxford/Pfizer could come in November.

An hour later Boris Johnson suggested it could be 2022 before any vaccine. This just three days after saying we could be back to normal by November

Just hope that was just a slip of his bumbling tongue and meant (early) 2021

But it does seem like around the Xmas period (give or take a few weeks) when things start rolling.

Just hope that was just a slip of his bumbling tongue and meant (early) 2021

But it does seem like around the Xmas period (give or take a few weeks) when things start rolling.

Thats always been my view

Comes through from Oxford fingers crossed starting on the groups given priority. Then early 2021 to the general population.

I dont trust the media to report anything positively about this topic.

The data released today will give a much better idea if Oxford is going the right way.

Ffs.

Back