Oviedo but

It’s an unfortunate situation and nothing else. Not the lads fault, but it would be great if something was sorted for us. If not he congrats runs out.

This isn't purely about his wages, I didn't hunk he is actually that good.

Has the odd good game but is so complacent, he is an accident waiting to happen. Also is a total sick note which makes it hard to build any sort of continuity at the back.

Even if he was on 10k a week, I wouldn't be against getting rid....the fact he is on 30k a week makes it a necessity to get rid.

Aye but Donald and Charlie said on the podcasts we didn't need to sell anyone to be able to compete in the transfer market.... :rolleyes:

We won't spend even if we get rid of him. The goalposts have been well and truly moved and personally I'd just as soon keep Oviedo than see another player leave and not be replaced like Cattermole.

We won't spend even if we get rid of him. The goalposts have been well and truly moved and personally I'd just as soon keep Oviedo than see another player leave and not be replaced like Cattermole.
Many seem happy at diluting the squads better players and bringing In unknowns. Let's see how we are by October with Moyes mark 2

Many seem happy at diluting the squads better players and bringing In unknowns. Let's see how we are by October with Moyes mark 2

I want to support the owners and the manager but I also want my club to be more ambitious than settling for being on the same level as Fleetwood Town. You tend to get a gut feeling as to how you think a season will pan out and I have reservations that Ross will be able to effect the change needed to improve on last season.

Another player that seems to divide opinion, don’t they all?

Personally I rate him, I am sure he is better than anyone who will replace him, and I haven’t seen any problem with his attitude at all, in fact quite the opposite.

I thought he was all set to leave for WBA last transfer window, but wasn’t it SAFC that didn’t complete the paperwork? Maybe I got that story wrong.

How long before his contract is up ?
I’ve just posted elsewhere but he is a major problem. He is bleeding us dry and has only ever been average no matter what league we have been in.
He has already made enough money to live like a King when he departs. He obviously knows the shit we are in and how his wages are holding this club back.
I wish he would show some compassion towards us and do a deal and feck off.
I know he has a contract but hope he has a conscience too. I’ll remember him as a leech not a good footballer.
Feck Him.

Or it could show how inefficient we are at awarding contracts and then having the skill to facilitate players moving on when no longer required.

I think to blame him is wide of the mark tbh.

Another one of Moyes mob, let's hope he's gone before the window closes...

A supreme example of the individual who appears to be a genius in one company, largely through serendipity and repetition. When they then move on they flounder and drag down others around them, generally leaving a shit heap for someone else to shovel.

Last edited:
Or it could show how inefficient we are at awarding contracts and then having the skill to facilitate players moving on when no longer required.

I think to blame him is wide of the mark tbh.

A supreme example of the individual who appears to be a genius in one company, largely through serendipity and repetition. When they then move on they flounder and drag down others around them, generally leaving a shit heap for someone else to shovel.
A McMenemy mkII, nightmarishly for us.

Well, as JR as announced it's 1 in 1 out then it's only right that the attention is on Oviedo, being the next high earner who isn't a first team choice.

Taking away the financial aspects of it does anyone think if he does go will his replacement be as good? I seriously doubt it
No they won't be as good I agree, but if we replace him with Dobson/Marquis/Maddison then its a big improvement across the squad.

Last edited:
Oviedo is obviously a good footballer that goes about his job in a professional manner. He has been inconsistent but it probably doesn't help having players around you that are poor footballers. I don't get all the fuss. I don't really care if he stays or goes.

Unsure why he's a major problem, yes his wages are high, but unfortunately that's what the club offered him at that time.

As a man he's never done anything wrong whilst here. He hasn't gone on strike, nor has he acted badly in any way. He is still the best left back we have imo. If he does leave, I wish him all the best, if he stays, he should be starting.

Donald said multiple times we could afford to keep if he's contributing.

Not bleeding us dry at all. Just means the owners may have to put their hand in the pocket to actually fund us...

The Oviedo wages won't be reinvested, the Cattermole wages haven't been reinvested. Not my issue as a fan if the owner has to actually put his hand in his pocket. As a fan id rather watch a better footballer & seeing how he wont be released I want to stay. Couldn't give a fuck about wages. His wage will be off the book next year anyways and we're okay for this year. Donald already said we're in a good state this year. What's the big rush to get rid? If he had 2 year left I'd say fair enough but in the last 12 month now.

Spot on and totally agreed. We likely wouldn't replace him with a better player, so shy should we be frustrated if he doesn't leave? It's not like the current regime have a stellar record of bringing in good players.

was lorded as a great professional on here last season for just knuckling down and playing in League One and picking up his 2mill. I wish he had fucked off last season tbh.

Okay, do you think what he is doing is okay ?
Do you not wish he would negotiate a deal to leave ?
If your answers are yes and no you are definitely daft.
If your answers are any different just pack in your attempts at a wind up.
Oviedo is a leech.

Absolute rubbish. You're wrong on this one mate and Oviedo does not deserve to be made a scapegoat, nor does he deserve to be hounded out.

Back