Overrated classic films from youth

Citizen Kane
Nivver see the attraction in it mesel. Thought it shite when I watched it while at school and again during lockdown. Emperors New Clothes stuff….up there with Trout Mask Replica and Astral Weeks in the posers pretentiousness league table.
I’ll see your citizen Kane and raise you an even slower Lawrence of Arabia 😂
Nivver seen it or Doc Zhivago either.

Last edited:
And most Monty Python films too. Occasional good bits but mostly shite.
Aye their films and tv shows were patchy even at the time but especially so when watched now. Life Of Brian was easily their finest moment though. Superb.
rubbish. the breakfast club is a class film.
How old are you now? How old were you when you first watched it? How old were you when you last watched it?

How old are you now? How old were you when you first watched it? How old were you when you last watched it?
56 and a half. i watched it at the pictures when it first came out. last watched it last year after i saw it whilst browsing in hmv.
it's right up there like :D
Star Wars. All of them.
i've never watched any of them sort/2001 a space thingy/close encounters or anything like that.

Last edited:
Jaws is a bit shit when you think about it..i mean they soon knew how big the shark was..all they had to do was go back ashore and get a couple of shotguns or something..go back out..boom..game over.

Back