Outside the ground today

Couple of their fans approached a group of MLF’s and said “well done, all the best for the season” very nice not something you’d usually hear, no bitterness. Really adds to the feel good factor.
Last time I witnessed that was away to man City, few of their lads came up wished us well, said they loved our club, then one said we were unlucky, think he was taking the piss, we got battered and had about 8% possession

Couple of their fans approached a group of MLF’s and said “well done, all the best for the season” very nice not something you’d usually hear, no bitterness. Really adds to the feel good factor.

That behaviour has never been known at Coventry.

Pompeys bell ringing superfan has just been banned for 3 matches after "mooning and making lewd gestures" at Coventry fans.

To be fair to him the lewd gestures bit only happened after 1 of them landed a bottle between his arse cheeks.

Last edited:
I couldn’t go to this, but my 18 yr old son went with a couple of mates (and I always worry as he likes a drink!) and he said that the city fans were brilliant before and after. Really friendly, good craic and banter.
I found this with Bristol rovers fans when we played them in the semi final of the papa John’s- really friendly after they had lost, wishing us a good journey back. It seems that Bristol is full of fantastic people

Last edited:
Sounds like proper football fans. Good to hear. As long as you don't act like a chopper that's the way all football fans should act. It doesn't work like that obviously but in a crowd of 20 odd thousand, just like any town centre, you will have knobheads, good blokes, kids etc. No one is gonna have the same memories but it's good to read a good post rather than a story about bother.

Sunderland is up with anyone in this regard. We welcome people as long as they are not daft

I couldn’t go to this, but my 18 yr old son went with a couple of mates (and I always worry as he likes a drink!) and he said that the city fans were brilliant before and after. Really friendly, good craic and banter.
I found this with Bristol rovers fans when we played them in the semi final of the papa John’s- really friendly after they had lost, wishing us a good journey back. It seems that Bristol is full of fantastic people
It's a fantastic place to live tbh mate. In terms of the fans of course they have an element, but you'd have to walk further south into Bedminster and hartclife etc to have any bother. Most of the pubs people would have to walk past are full of mostly decent people

Had the predictable little chavs outside the ground half heartedly shouting Newcastle and Adam Johnson stuff at us, right next to the police vans, completely pointless. The other fans were fine and in the town after Rovers fans were loving it

My bruv and I had possibly our best ever away trip yesterday. I picked him up at Stockton at 6.30 am and, after stop/start traffic on the M5 (plus a stop on the M1 for a Greggs sausage sarnie and a cuppa), we arrived at a lovely country pub on the west side of Bristol at 12 noon. After sampling a few pints in the beer garden, in the sun, we took a bus from the door of the pub to the match - only about 10 minutes away. We got there at 2 and sampled the beer at that great outdoor bar at the away end - then had a celebratory pint there after the match. What a match and what fantastic weather! It felt like being abroad at the World Cup.

We got the bus back to the pub after the match and had more celebratory beers in the beer garden, plus a lovely meal, before crashing out in my micro (Citroen Berlingo) campervan in the pub car park, which the pub manager said we were welcome to do (for nowt) as we'd eaten and drank there. Mind we were knackered (and well oiled) by quarter past 10.... Happy days!

We went to Wetherspoons in Bristol for breakfast and then stopped off for a wander round Ledbury on the way home. It's a lovely place with old, timber framed buildings.

If Carlsberg did away days! 😀

My bruv and I had possibly our best ever away trip yesterday. I picked him up at Stockton at 6.30 am and, after stop/start traffic on the M5 (plus a stop on the M1 for a Greggs sausage sarnie and a cuppa), we arrived at a lovely country pub on the west side of Bristol at 12 noon. After sampling a few pints in the beer garden, in the sun, we took a bus from the door of the pub to the match - only about 10 minutes away. We got there at 2 and sampled the beer at that great outdoor bar at the away end - then had a celebratory pint there after the match. What a match and what fantastic weather! It felt like being abroad at the World Cup.

We got the bus back to the pub after the match and had more celebratory beers in the beer garden, plus a lovely meal, before crashing out in my micro (Citroen Berlingo) campervan in the pub car park, which the pub manager said we were welcome to do (for nowt) as we'd eaten and drank there. Mind we were knackered (and well oiled) by quarter past 10.... Happy days!

We went to Wetherspoons in Bristol for breakfast and then stopped off for a wander round Ledbury on the way home. It's a lovely place with old, timber framed buildings.

If Carlsberg did away days! 😀
Absolutely love this post.

This is what it is ALL about. Doesn’t matter if we are premier league, league one or Championship when we have days like this it’s just AMAZING.

My and my eldest daughter met my brother and his 2 kids at 9.00am, got to Bristol about 12pm, a McDonald's for the kids and a few pre match beers in the sun, followed by that win, that atmosphere and the drive home. Just ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

Back