Outside the ground today

Wembley '85. Thousands of us walked through similar numbers of Norwich fans and, to a man, we applauded each other.

One young lad started mouthing off, got a clip from his fatha, everybody laughed, the kids looked sheepish for a few seconds, joined in with the laughter and that was that.
I gave my scarf to a young Norwich fan in 85……a lot of other SAFC fans did the same

Last edited:
It was a lovely story 👍👍 Seemed a nice club. Their SLO was amazing in the build up too. Got us a parking space right next to that bar near the away end because my daughter had a foot operation on Thursday!!
Wouldn't let me park me bike in there, but he did tell me where to park just around the corner where it was safe.

Live in the south west and great, friendly people - I’m married to one! Really good to read that this has been such a positive trip off the pitch too. Should’ve been there but in Tenerife … celebrated with a few more from the pool bar.
Of course they do. Who wouldn’t wish all the best for a good game and the best team on the day to win? I’ve met opposition fans from every tier of football and they are just like us in Sunderland with the same desire and aspirations for their teams. Treat them with courtesy and respect and, by and large, it is reciprocated.
Exactly

Back