Outgrounds 2023

I used to watch Yorkshire at Acklam Park in the 90s, not sure if they still play there. Scarborough was canny as well.

My dad used to go and watch them there, hence why he always considered himself a Yorkshire supporter despite never having lived anywhere other than Brandon. Lots of lads (and lasses, presumably) in the NE would be the same way prior to Durham’s inception as a First Class county.

From memory, their last game there was in 1996, probably missed a trick not playing Durham there, but we always seemed to get invited to Scarborough.

Couple of outgrounds being used by Hampshire in August, Guildford (away versus Surrey) and Isle of Wight (home versus Kent).

I've never been to either and the Solent isn't the cheapest to cross on the ferry. IoW ground is quite picturesque from what I've seen.

Newclose ground on IoW is beautiful setting, but given the cost of getting across the Solent you take a huge risk if weather or cricket disappoints. I got away with it once and was glad I went.
Derby 2nd Xi play regularly at Repton School and Middlesex at Merchant Taylors School. Both spectacular.
And my all time favourite outground has to be Arundel Castle. I saw Durham play Sussex in the CC in 2018. Fantastic wee even though we got hammered. Sussex played CC games there every year from 1990 till 2020. Sadly, there hasn’t been a first class game there since then.

Last edited:
Yorkshire have two 50 over games at Clifton Park, York in August. Nice ground if nothing else.

I presume this will be at the York CC club ground as they have played there last couple of years.

Clifton Alliance’s ground is right next door and a more picturesque venue but York CC have the better facilities.

Back