Out of Pakistan tour

Such a shame for their fans but safety always comes first here I hope they get international cricket back fully but I fear it will be a while

Good. Their fans are crying its for political reasons, like giving financial and military aid to the Taliban isn't an utterly reprehensible thing. I hope no-one plays them.

Boo hoo.

NZ just pulled out last minute as well.
We're still going there next year aren't we?

Aye we do owe them a bit of solidarity because of their Tour last year, but they can stfu. We're doing them a favour by making a flying visit before the WC and the Ashes and we'll be back next year, pipe down.

(Telling Raja to pipe down, not you ;))

terrible statement that mind

If its for security say that and nothing else

reads to me like players dont wanna go due to crowded schedule

If thats the reason then pick 15 lads who wanna go

its either one reason or the other, it cant be both

Not great from ECB that IMO
You'd struggle to get 15 players to go imo. Can't blame them either.

terrible statement that mind

If its for security say that and nothing else

reads to me like players dont wanna go due to crowded schedule

If thats the reason then pick 15 lads who wanna go

its either one reason or the other, it cant be both

Not great from ECB that IMO
Aye not sure why they didn’t just say it’s for security. Would come across better and most people would be sympathetic.

You'd struggle to get 15 players to go imo. Can't blame them either.

thats not what the statement says though.

If its unsafe, say that.

If its safe, then say that too

Not a fair statement to Pakistan that.
Aye not sure why they didn’t just say it’s for security. Would come across better and most people would be sympathetic.

Because that doesnt seem to be the case, probs trying to be transparent or something.

Last edited:
Whataboutism much? We don't play cricket against the Saudis to boycott it.

The point being that if we are boycotting the Pakistan series because of their links to funding iffy organisations with nefarious agendas then we are on shaky ground (UAE could also fit in to this).

The reasons given for not touring are player welfare with a wishy washy security concern, not external political funding. I think we’ve shafted them

Back