Our spinners

Interesting thread

I think Mo is way underrated too

clSs strike rate

spins the ball more than most off spinners in the world, he’s not one for keeping it tight though

He has tormented India in England

was perfect at number 8 in England on those wickets, late runs and attacking off spin

I think the dynamic of the team has changed now and they want a more defensive spinner, also he is not as good as he was

but he’s been a really good cricketer for England, I’d have him behind Swann obviously and probably Monty, but ahead of Giles. Tin hat on.

Interesting thread

I think Mo is way underrated too

clSs strike rate

spins the ball more than most off spinners in the world, he’s not one for keeping it tight though

He has tormented India in England

was perfect at number 8 in England on those wickets, late runs and attacking off spin

I think the dynamic of the team has changed now and they want a more defensive spinner, also he is not as good as he was

but he’s been a really good cricketer for England, I’d have him behind Swann obviously and probably Monty, but ahead of Giles. Tin hat on.
Shit in Odis mind average 50 with ball 25 bat

Swann is the best spinner I have seen play for England since Underwood (although he was an uncovered wicket expert).
If he hadn't have been such an arrogant"know it all" in his early 20s when first selected for England especially the tour to South Africa in 1999/2000 he probably would have played well over a 100 tests and probably got a couple of hundred more wickets.

Swann is the best spinner I have seen play for England since Underwood (although he was an uncovered wicket expert).
If he hadn't have been such an arrogant"know it all" in his early 20s when first selected for England especially the tour to South Africa in 1999/2000 he probably would have played well over a 100 tests and probably got a couple of hundred more wickets.

2nd point you might be right, but its also poor management by Hussain and Fletcher. You need all sorts of characters in a cricket team

2nd point you might be right, but its also poor management by Hussain and Fletcher. You need all sorts of characters in a cricket team
Very loose description "all sorts of characters"
Swann was selected to early after being an outstanding teenage cricketer and wasn't mature enough but I agree Fletcher in particular held the grudge far to long after that initial tour. But even after that Swann kept showing lack of maturity at the academy under Rod Marsh and at Northants especially with Kepler wessels.
From experience part of it is genetic!

Very loose description "all sorts of characters"
Swann was selected to early after being an outstanding teenage cricketer and wasn't mature enough but I agree Fletcher in particular held the grudge far to long after that initial tour. But even after that Swann kept showing lack of maturity at the academy under Rod Marsh and at Northants especially with Kepler wessels.
From experience part of it is genetic!

Well not really, he wasn't a bad apple, or a trouble maker really, he is just a bit lippy and cocky

Poor management for me for him not to be called up until 2009 like

Maybe not as early as those early tours, but deserved a call up before 2009, IMO anyway.

Well not really, he wasn't a bad apple, or a trouble maker really, he is just a bit lippy and cocky

Poor management for me for him not to be called up until 2009 like

Maybe not as early as those early tours, but deserved a call up before 2009, IMO anyway.
Agreed but he made an arse of his early career a bit like Flintoff did (for different reasons) and paid the price.

Back