Otters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminology. An otter's den is called a holt or couch. Male otters are calleddogs or boars, females are calledbitches or sows, and their offspring are called pups. The collective nouns for otters are bevy, family, lodge, romp (being descriptive of their often playful nature) or, when in water, raft.

That's a very bold statement!

I was talking to a park keeper a couple of weeks ago who told me he'd found a dead otter outside a park in the middle of our town. I smelt bullshit.

Oh aye wonderful creatures. When theres no fish left the idiots who thought it was a good idea to release them here there and every where will realise why they were wiped out in the first place
What's happening to the fish like?

Oh aye wonderful creatures. When theres no fish left the idiots who thought it was a good idea to release them here there and every where will realise why they were wiped out in the first place

Give over. Cormorants are the biggest killers of juvenile fish on britains waterways.

There was one sighted around sand point last year, also a couple further up the river.

not sure to be honest because no one is actually sure how many have been re introduced and where properly

I seen one while I was sea fishing on a rock outcrop in SW Scotland a few years ago. I stopped fishing just to watch it, they're fantastic to watch. The best moment though was when it spotted me, 20 - 30 yards away and it just stood and stared, then carried on like I wasn't there. Can't describe how I felt, it was a privilege.

I seen one while I was sea fishing on a rock outcrop in SW Scotland a few years ago. I stopped fishing just to watch it, they're fantastic to watch. The best moment though was when it spotted me, 20 - 30 yards away and it just stood and stared, then carried on like I wasn't there. Can't describe how I felt, it was a privilege.
We have a Mink on our local pond like that. Right cheeky little get, he sticks his head up in the gap between the path and the edging boards and just looks at you, not bothered in the slightest. Doesnt like the Robin mind, starts screaming if it comes near

Used to watch them every morning when i was at Luing,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back