Oscar Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Head of media?

Was he the one oozing positivity?

Nothing works
PA system f-ked

Great contribution

Should have had a segment about the club's social media balls ups to give everyone a cringe laugh
He has a point. The PA is fucked. That's why we got a £10m loan out to get fix. Good thing he didn't mention the lifts.
He comes across really badly and it was 100 percent an editing choice. He must be fuming. Based on our actual social media, he does a good job.
If it is that Chamberlain fella then it's harsh. Only going on his interaction on social media he does seem to enjoy his job.

People are having a go at that Sophie lass and this Oscar fella for being bad at their jobs. What about Hill and Coton? They have the biggest jobs at the club and have underperformed. How come SD and CM aren't giving them the same treatment? If they demand 100% then they should sack those two. Instead we should buy them a beer.

Last edited:
He has a point. The PA is fucked. That's why we got a £10m loan out to get fix. Good thing he didn't mention the lifts.

If it is that Chamberlain fella then it's harsh. Only going on his interaction on social media he does seem to enjoy his job.

People are having a go at that Sophie lass and this Oscar fella for being bad at their jobs. What about Hill and Coton? They have the biggest jobs at the club and have underperformed. How come SD and CM aren't giving them the same treatment? If they demand 100% then they should sack those two. Instead we should buy them a beer.
Only going on his lack of any positive contribution in a few minutes on TV admittedly

Head of Media suggests a relatively senior position

Young kids with no drive or passion in very important roles.
Need more experience in these areas.

Those roles don't pay nearly enough to get experienced people in. In reality, they aren't that important, because its all down to how we do on the pitch. We do a good job on social mainly.

Most of these complaints about the stadium have been mentioned by fans for years. Charlie said it himself when he came in about the stadium.

Last edited:
Not sure judging an employee's performance for the whole year based off 1 minutes worth of edited TV coverage is fair.

what about the media getting the team wrong on multiple occasions? Adverts for the wrong fixtures. The links not working, web pages being expired.

Media team are useless

what about the media getting the team wrong on multiple occasions? Adverts for the wrong fixtures. The links not working, web pages being expired.

Media team are useless
So Charlie failed then. Let's be honest here. The marketing and social media teams are the least of our worries. I've been saying it for awhile and I think it's got worse under Methven. If you compare it to my local club Bohemians, Bohs are years ahead of us.

The academy, recruitment and scouting teams are non-league. These 3 are the most important part of any football club. All 3 have underperformed and the club might not recover from it. I'd rather Fullwell 73 focused on that.

Going back to Bohs. We were 1 week from going busted. The first thing that changed was football operation. Once that was sort everything fella into place. Our marketing has won praise all over Europe. But if we were stuck in the First Division playing shite football all that means nothing. People aren't going to go to Dalymount because the run-out music is class. They are going because the club has built a good connection with the community and we have a good young and exciting team.

What have we got?

I think that a number of the staff at the club came across poorly in this series BUT we have to remember that a) the way in which it was edited was clearly done so in a manner that fit the narrative.... and b) these are ordinary people we’re talking about.

I don’t like individuals being pulled and scrutinised in open forum, I don’t think it’s right.

I think that a number of the staff at the club came across poorly in this series BUT we have to remember that a) the way in which it was edited was clearly done so in a manner that fit the narrative.... and b) these are ordinary people we’re talking about.

I don’t like individuals being pulled and scrutinised in open forum, I don’t think it’s right.
You're probably right with hindsight.

Head of media?

Was he the one oozing positivity?

Nothing works
PA system f-ked

Great contribution

Should have had a segment about the club's social media balls ups to give everyone a cringe laugh
It was a great contribution. The PA was, and still is fucked.

It isn’t and no fucker on here has a right to be judgemental. Have an opinion by all means, even if it is based on fuckall. But no one has a right to judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a low bar to be fair

Only a few weeks since they were deleting flute tweets

To be fair that wasn’t him. The media outlets at the club are ranked 10th in the country for engagements, shame the rest of the club isn’t ranked as highly in their own department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back