oROSSo's olympic platform build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Ross!!

I have use of a garage now so just added an oly bar etc to my training routine but I'm thinking now of just getting the stable matting like I originally thought just to protect the bumper plates when I'm doing the oly lifts I'm learning. I can then just put the mats away when I'm not training! I'm horrendous with DIY anyway so will save the embarrassment and probably my fingers.

If your ever disposing of it though, give me a shout. ;)

Tonight's work has been screwing it together, cutting the rubber to fit and giving the main platform a coat of paint.

Tomorrow I shall be applying another coat of paint and cutting the 2x4's for the surround, screwing them together and that's it done, should be ready for Saturday :)

Logon or register to see this image

the finished article:

Logon or register to see this image

absoloutely cracking effort that mate, looks well smart.

the movement is getting the weight up, not down. Did you see many olympic weightlifters put the weight down "sensibly" at the olympics?

don't bite Ross, he's exhausted all other means of being cyber-noticed and has taken to becoming a know-nowt cyber-bully with nay crack. :evil:

FWIW, I think your platform is class, I'd like to have a go some day. :cool:
get yourself round, got up to 180kg of weight up there now. Next time i use it will probably be Saturday night, then I'm away back down south from monday till thursday again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back