Orient v Spurs ......off

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Spurs hadn't paid for Orient's players to be tested, they might have gone on to infect their next opponents, assuming they had no symptoms.

Makes you wonder how many other players have the virus and are completely unaware of it.
Did they ? Do Orient (or others) not have to test if they claim they can't afford it?

How much would regular testing cost for EFL clubs? That's pretty much the reason why they aren't.

Clubs should be forced to spend money on testing IMO, take it out of the TV money pool before it's distributed.
Heard today that it's £119 per test if you wnat to purchase it as a consumer.

How much would regular testing cost for EFL clubs? That's pretty much the reason why they aren't.

Clubs should be forced to spend money on testing IMO, take it out of the TV money pool before it's distributed.

No idea how much it would cost, but any excuse is not good enough. They're putting people in danger.

There's a massive pot of cash from the parachute Payments that Fulham don't need after being promoted back to the PL (around £35m I think). The EFL asked the PL if they would pay it to the them so that they could share it out among the clubs, given that it had already been budgeted and the PL rejected it. That would have paid for an awful lot of tests I reckon, but instead every Premier League club is getting an extra £1.75m each to blow on agent fees.

No idea how much it would cost, but any excuse is not good enough. They're putting people in danger.

There's a massive pot of cash from the parachute Payments that Fulham don't need after being promoted back to the PL (around £35m I think). The EFL asked the PL if they would pay it to the them so that they could share it out among the clubs, given that it had already been budgeted and the PL rejected it. That would have paid for an awful lot of tests I reckon, but instead every Premier League club is getting an extra £1.75m each to blow on agent fees.
I didn’t know that. Thanks for posting it. The greedy bastards. I shouldn’t be surprised though. It could be said that they could help avoid the spread of the virus but I don’t think that will worry them. You’d need a conscience for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they ? Do Orient (or others) not have to test if they claim they can't afford it?
It's not mandatory for any EFL club to test their players.

Spurs paid for Orient to be tested, presumably because they didn't want their own players to be potentially at risk when playing against them.

Surely the PFA with their massive cash reserves can help out here..after all it will assist the players and allow them to do their job...??

It's not mandatory for any EFL club to test their players.

Spurs paid for Orient to be tested, presumably because they didn't want their own players to be potentially at risk when playing against them.
I thought it was. I thought that was why Wycombe & co decided they couldn't finish last season :confused:

Insane.

Clubs have to be tested. Levy players/agents to pay for it, or money from PFA. There's lot of money sloshing around - this has to be doable .

It's not mandatory this season but it was last season.

I think it was one of the conditions of being allowed to re-start.

Clubs couldn't afford it so the season was curtailed.
Didn't realize that
Any contact with someone who has the virus now by law you must self isolate for 14 days.
Does that mean Orient and Mansfield who they played last week are out of action for 2 weeks
Things could get out of hand very quickly over the winter
Will only take a few positive tests for the whole fixture list to go tits up

That, my friends, sums the situation up

Insane.

Clubs have to be tested. Levy players/agents to pay for it, or money from PFA. There's lot of money sloshing around - this has to be doable .
There’s also a lot of greed around mate.

That's a very sensible suggestion, unfortunately, because of that, it will probably not be considered. :confused:

This season, English Football League (EFL) clubs do not have to carry out mandatory coronavirus testing of their players and staff.

How are they going to continue the league if that’s the EFL stance?

Shambolic imo
Wait what? I thought all clubs were testing? Is that not the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back