Orange March Sunderland City Centre

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

Imagine celebrating a needless war where thousands have died by parading through the streets all dressed up in uniforms......... hold on.

Disgusted this is in our city. As posted elsewhere, our family roots are Merseyside, where orange shite was a Thing and caused some misery for family members a generation back. No one should welcome this poison crossing the Pennines.

There isn’t one single, good reason for the Orange Order to be parading in Sunderland. Something sinister at play there
This.

You do realise this isn’t a new thing? I remember watching it in town as a bairn.

I dare say that if it was banned from happening then that would create even more issues.
The first one was in 2013 :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sectarian
Divisive
Antiquated
Supremacist
Bigoted
Unnecessary

There’s your half dozen

Without even getting into being opinion based two of those are bollocks. Antiquated and unnecessary, should something not be allowed because it is old, christmas and bonfire night seem to still be doing quite well. You could argue that for pretty much everything that it is unnecessary in someones mind, why are pubs allowed, why allow the match to be played, the list is endless.

Without even getting into being opinion based two of those are bollocks. Antiquated and unnecessary, should something not be allowed because it is old, christmas and bonfire night seem to still be doing quite well. You could argue that for pretty much everything that it is unnecessary in someones mind, why are pubs allowed, why allow the match to be played, the list is endless.

And what's your take on the other four ??

I’m 31 and can remember them marching up Fawcett Street when I was a kid. Was always of the impression we have them turn out every marching season.
I must walk around with my eyes and ears closed then, because I've never heard or seen one in Sunderland in the 66 years I've lived, mind, it's not the type of shite I'd be interested in either, so that could explain it.

Edit: just seen the Echo links, looks like I do..:lol:

Last edited:
Considering there's nowt in the city centre and there's no parking and the parking charges are ridiculous there are a fair amount of shitehawks wanting to plod through it.

Back