Online Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've always understood why people download things like movies and music etc. Savings money, ease of not leaving your home etc.

But I've never understood why people upload these things. What do people get out of it?
Sharing is caring.

I don't pirate games personally.

For those doing it the argument is that there aren't any decent demos available anymore and that it seems to be set up to milk money out of the customer - I don't know how many scandals there have been in the games industry over the last five years but there's been a few, generally a company comes along promising the world in a game and then delivers an absolute horse shit. So what these people do is download the game and if it's one they will play they purchase it, if it isn't it's a waste of disk space and so it's gone. An idea for games companies would be to make the first 2 hours of any game free and then charge after that. A service like Netflix but for games, I know sony and microsoft offer similar shit for consoles but I reckon all the games companies need to pool together and get something going that's a little better than what we have now.

Pirating is illegal but I wouldn't say that was pirating.

For those doing it the argument is that there aren't any decent demos available anymore and that it seems to be set up to milk money out of the customer - I don't know how many scandals there have been in the games industry over the last five years but there's been a few, generally a company comes along promising the world in a game and then delivers an absolute horse shit. So what these people do is download the game and if it's one they will play they purchase it, if it isn't it's a waste of disk space and so it's gone. An idea for games companies would be to make the first 2 hours of any game free and then charge after that. A service like Netflix but for games, I know sony and microsoft offer similar shit for consoles but I reckon all the games companies need to pool together and get something going that's a little better than what we have now.

Pirating is illegal but I wouldn't say that was pirating.
It's easy enough to wait a few days for reviews marra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back