Online Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

__howdy__

Striker
I've always understood why people download things like movies and music etc. Savings money, ease of not leaving your home etc.

But I've never understood why people upload these things. What do people get out of it?

I've gone totally legit over the last year. Got a cinema unlimited card so pretty much see what I want straight away. Subbed to deezer for my music and netflix, get my books from kindle.

Not knocking anyone still doing it by the way, just have a little more disposable income these days.

Things like Spotify and Netflix make it a fairly petty thing to do now, people don’t mind paying for stuff that's good value.
depends how you define value tho, I trialled netflix for a month recently , we have kodi and i have my own movie collection , after two nights using netflix the wife and i both agreed it was crap , switched it off and went back to using kodi , never fired netflix up again before the trial ended. Content was very poor imo.

They probably make money from the Ad's, I think the more clicks (hits) a website gets more more money it makes. I think some do it just because they like to help people out and see the corporate greed that is the world in 2017.

I've gone totally legit over the last year. Got a cinema unlimited card so pretty much see what I want straight away. Subbed to deezer for my music and netflix, get my books from kindle.

Not knocking anyone still doing it by the way, just have a little more disposable income these days.

Don't be a gonk, get all those things for free again and give me your disposable income

I only do it for sport and i wouldn't if I could get what I do from a traditional source that I do from a monthly sub

I'll pay for most things as it's important for the economy (of the world, not just the UK)

However, there are some greedy companies out there who I have no guilt in depriving of their outrageous fee

I pay for netflix and prime, use Kodi where there are gaps.

Bombed out sky a couple of years ago, if I could get the lot for about £30 a month I would have continued to pay for it.

I pay for netflix and prime, use Kodi where there are gaps.

Bombed out sky a couple of years ago, if I could get the lot for about £30 a month I would have continued to pay for it.

Uk prices are crackers, we get the top cable package here with all sports and movies inc HBO and that rubbish, 200mb fibre internet and its 30quid a month - not as many shopping channels as sky like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back