O'Nien on Milestone

Since 1958 I have had so many heroes in the red and white but Luke is right up there with them all.A warrior who came up the motorway with all his clothes piled high on the back seat of his car,kept sending pictures up telling us he was on his way ha ha.We were all thinking wtf is this ,never heard of him.He soon realized he had found his real home.Well done Luke, so pleased he signed a new contract which will see out his playing years.Cannot see him leaving at the end of his career.
He reminds me of those 50s players , the types that would play anywhere even when injured.

literally one of the most surprising signings in my lifetime. We talk about signing young talent and developing them. This is a prime example of success.
Literally one of the best utility players in the league and a true leader.
We need to ensure he has a coaching pathway at the club as he just 'gets it'
I would not be surprised at all if he ends up managing us one day.

Very underrated passer of the ball, love him me like.
Defo. Pings the ball 60 yards on his left foot
Been a cracking signing. I don’t rate him massively as a footballer but he’s been great here. Would be a miss if he was to leave.
I do to be honest. His passing is massively underrated. Makes a mistake once in blue moon but who doesnt. Overall he has loads more good games than bad.

Last edited:
On 3rd Mar 2019 on a thread about all time favourite players I said Billy Hughes, Niall Quinn, plus had a soft spit for Nyron, but hoped that Luke would one day make the list. He has now!!!
Not incredibly talented , but certainly loads of ability and his character and attitude are absolutely outstanding. Hope his association with us goes on for a long long time, even after his playing career.

Back