O'Nien on Milestone

Since 1958 I have had so many heroes in the red and white but Luke is right up there with them all.A warrior who came up the motorway with all his clothes piled high on the back seat of his car,kept sending pictures up telling us he was on his way ha ha.We were all thinking wtf is this ,never heard of him.He soon realized he had found his real home.Well done Luke, so pleased he signed a new contract which will see out his playing years.Cannot see him leaving at the end of his career.

Who wouldn't want Luke as a son or son in law, a great blend of humility, kindness, fire and honour.
Been a privilege to watch him play and give his all.....the fact he openly acknowledges we would all love to have had this opportunity shows how grounded he is....Top man Luke....thank you for all you do

My captain. The heart and the grit is always clear to see, but (especially this season) it’s backed up by the stats as well. One of our best defenders and one of our best progressive passers, all wrapped up in one player.

Ha’way O9 :cool:
Agree with this … gets pelters on here from idiots who don’t understand football.

Has improved season on season since he arrived.

From that daft keepie-uppie video He did at Wycombe ~ where he is getting so serious about keeping up a rugby ball and other strange objects... just before he signed for us, to pictures of him staying behind late training with the youth squad when he wasn't getting a look in with the first team, Instantly won me over.
Just knew he was going to bring something more than just his football; which is far better than he gets credit for. Good lad is Luke..but I don't know, with how the club has been doing its business recently, I can't shake the feeling he will be the next one edged out the door by the model. Damn it.

Absolutely Smashing Fella..... I remember watching a Vid of him driving Up to Sunderland to sign... He couldn't believe his luck.

Him and Gooch who incidentally made 247 appearances brought the Club and Fans together.
Hope they can both inspire our youngsters in years to come.

All the Best to Him and his Family.
This 👏

Did you see him after Burstow scored the other day? He ran up, yelled at his face, took him by the shoulders, and spun him around to acknowledge the support. Love 09 me.
Aye he did the same with Rusyn after he scored vs Preston.

I’d like him to do more when we’re up
against it.

He’s the sort that’s always looking to improve and I think this is an area he could add to his game.

Coaching role ?

I'd instantly have him in the board room, I'd have him oversee every single commercial, operational and footballing decision the club makes. I'd have the club motto drilled into every single member of staff from the cleaners to the ticket office staff all the way to the top, when they have a decision to make , think "what would O'nien do ?'

And do that
My thoughts as well - I could see him working for Sky, so articulate

I honestly think if we had signed him as a CB and that’s where he had played more often in the early days there would be less complaints about him.

Back