O'Nein - Dobson - McGeough in Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin hat firmly attached to me bonce like, but.... I reckon we let Jack Ross, the professional football manager with 30 years experience in the game, make the decisions when it comes to the starting 11 like.

HTJR

Go back to when we beat Everton 3-0 to stay up under BSA....we were 4141 and looked solid....So should we give that a go....team that day was Yedlin, Kone, Kabul, PVA; Kirschoff; Borini, Catts, Mvilla, Khazri; JD........could it be McLaughlin, Oz, Willis, Hume; McGeoch; Maguire, O9, Dobson, McGeady; McNulty....

Go back to when we beat Everton 3-0 to stay up under BSA....we were 4141 and looked solid....So should we give that a go....team that day was Yedlin, Kone, Kabul, PVA; Kirschoff; Borini, Catts, Mvilla, Khazri; JD........could it be McLaughlin, Oz, Willis, Hume; McGeoch; Maguire, O9, Dobson, McGeady; McNulty....
The expansive gulf in quality aside, none of those fit the Kirchoff role.
OP tells the truth. As proved at Burnley it works.
LOL

Last edited:
The reason I think this would be ideal is, McGeouch is very good at keeping the ball ticking over in midfield. Dobson and O’Nien can be more attack minded but also the more combative, mobile midfielders. O’Nien can also occupy a position on the right if needed, given his decent form down that side.

Con is that you have McLaughlin in at RB, which could be a weak link, but I’d risk it. We’ve already got a weak defence as it is.
Oof, not tonight mate

So. Nearly my formation but not quite. If maguire has played we’d hve won. So a resounding tick for me based on nearly good but the manager didn’t pick my full team . Or sack the manager for trying to follow my suggestions ? 😶

I genuinely don’t understand the clamour for O’Nien to play CM or a more advanced role. For me, he’s shown absolutely nothing in his SAFC career so far to suggest he can play there and tonight just confirmed it. He was like a little boy lost and offered nothing at all.

As soon as he was shifted to his now natural (in my opinion) position of right back we saw what he was all about. He needs as much of the pitch in front of him as possible to get the best out of him. He was involved in almost everything in the last 10-15 mins and should have won it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back