O'Nein - Dobson - McGeough in Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

The reason I think this would be ideal is, McGeouch is very good at keeping the ball ticking over in midfield. Dobson and O’Nien can be more attack minded but also the more combative, mobile midfielders. O’Nien can also occupy a position on the right if needed, given his decent form down that side.

Con is that you have McLaughlin in at RB, which could be a weak link, but I’d risk it. We’ve already got a weak defence as it is.

The reason I think this would be ideal is, McGeouch is very good at keeping the ball ticking over in midfield. Dobson and O’Nien can be more attack minded but also the more combative, mobile midfielders. O’Nien can also occupy a position on the right if needed, given his decent form down that side.

Con is that you have McLaughlin in at RB, which could be a weak link, but I’d risk it. We’ve already got a weak defence as it is.
He's not like.
Bit harsh, but I certainly haven't seen anything to think he's the answer in the middle.

Not having McGeouch either, f***ing useless.

I'll back the OP on 4-3-3 - much better formation.
At RB, he's all over the shop. His play-acting and rolling about like a tit is really starting to grate on me too.

Last edited:
Would play McGeouch ahead of Leadbitter and Power ahead of O'9 who's lightweight. However what a sad indictment of our two strikers however !!! What an utter waste of money

Dobson was man of the match for me yesterday. However he was getting played almost like a third centre back at times. We were 3-1 up against Accrington and people wonder why folk are frustrated with Ross.
‘Midfielder involved in doing some defending shock’ - Read all about it !! Read all about it !!

If I remember correctly, Dobson was brought in as a box-to-box midfield player. Therefore it really should not come as a surprise that some of his work is done in the defensive zone, as it’s his role within the team. Indeed, the real question is why Max Power doesn’t seem to do this when he plays.

And it doesn’t matter who the opponents are, in the natural ebb and flow of football, each team will have attacking opportunities and it is incumbent on the players in the other team to adopt appropriate defensive duties.

Reputations for being ‘big clubs’, which are developed over decades, mean nothing when 11 v 11 take to the field. The current team have to play (and hopefully beat) whoever is in front of them. Raich Carter, Len Shackleton, Brian Clough, Charlie Hurley, Colin Todd and Dave Watson can’t help them.

Would play McGeouch ahead of Leadbitter and Power ahead of O'9 who's lightweight. However what a sad indictment of our two strikers however !!! What an utter waste of money
Yes, because every transfer must be a success - and an instant success at that !

You really don’t see it, do you?

We’ve scored 3 goals in 3 of the last 4 games, and you think “creativity and eagerness is the issue”. :lol:

If we have a problem, it’s at the other end of the pitch. We haven’t kept a single clean sheet in the league.
It's due to us playing two in midfield, to everybody else's three why we can't keep the sheets clean, tho. You can jiggle the personel to your liking as some dislike e.g. - McGeouch with a passion.
4231 is pants and only around seven years out of date.

It's really not. We don't need to wade into this, there are approximately 273 threads on the topic. He divides opinion more than any player we have but there are a lot of us who see the 'ball-recycling" emperor as the naked, tempo-killing fraud that he is.

Big Charlie would play for me ...( and I've got me tin hats at the ready !)

Last edited by a moderator:
We have non tackling midfield since Catts left. As well as creating things your midfield are supposed to break things up.

You really don’t see it, do you?

We’ve scored 3 goals in 3 of the last 4 games, and you think “creativity and eagerness is the issue”. :lol:

If we have a problem, it’s at the other end of the pitch. We haven’t kept a single clean sheet in the league.
asking a lot for a clean sheet with a two man midfield that includes Leadbitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back