One pound Sartori

Yeah kinda my point too. He is part of the ownership structure who bought his share for a quid and has done the square root of f*ck all since.

What he said here is definitely tongue and cheek, you're right but even still, it shows Santori's mentality if he thinks we're a bunch of entitled twats, then you have stooges on here agreeing with him claiming we all want a sugar daddy.

No, what I want is an owner who is competent at their job and shares some of the ambition the fans have. Not asking for much really.
He didn't say it in a way that implied we are entitled twats in the slightest. Not one iota. It's naughty of a Sunderland fan OP to imply as such. Really no idea why a Sunderland fan would do this. It achieves nothing

I think that’s a bit unfair. I reckon most people just want an owner who shows a modicum of interest, a modicum of financial outlay to move the club on, a realisation of what needs addressing and a modicum of ambition.
There are a significant minority who see net worth and want it a pretty large chunk of it spent. Short and Abramovic both put in about 15%, which is pretty ridiculous really.

There are a significant minority who see net worth and want it a pretty large chunk of it spent. Short and Abramovic both put in about 15%, which is pretty ridiculous really.
Well you’ve gone from “most of this forum” to “a significant minority” so I’m not sure now who you mean? Regardless, if we’re talking about Dreyfus, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to hope or expect a bit more intent from him. After all, nobody held a gun to his head to buy the club.

Our stadium is falling to bits while these hideous little spivs sun themselves abroad.

Isn't Sartori part of some vile anti-abortion right-wing party back home too? Get him out of our club already. Only turns up to be on STID.

Well you’ve gone from “most of this forum” to “a significant minority” so I’m not sure now who you mean? Regardless, if we’re talking about Dreyfus, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to hope or expect a bit more intent from him. After all, nobody held a gun to his head to buy the club.
That's the problem, you have nailed it right there mate.

So Sartori has said that the fans of a club who have spent 15 years in the top division this century, had been expectations not to be a third tier club and wanted to be in a division that many thought was more the clubs standard? Well done to Sartori for stating the obvious but slating the fans whilst you’re at the club is utterly mindnumbingly thick but I suppose that’s slick Juan for you.

Sorry, what does the last sentence mean?
Should read players worth more than clubs
All down in the relegation places, as you well known, because they haven't spend the required amount, its the premier league and in that division you need to spend, to be successful, it really is as simple as that, end of.
But if all teams spend, they all end up in the same place. Only by spending more than other clubs can you expect to move above them, but then what do those clubs do.

It’s just a bank balance measuring exercise

Last edited:

Back