One out one in is how its going to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

i understand people issue loans and then write then off...but i didnt think you could do that from day one (as in when you put the cash in) without their being a tax implication somewhere-for the company?

SD has put in £5m as a donation I think..and that counts..

No. He put £5m into SJD, which went via Madrox to Short for the down payment on the shares. That came nowhere near the club.

As regards taxation, there is a potential problem with a donation if HMRC decides it should be treated as non-trading income. This would make it taxable, and couldn't be offset against trading losses brought forward.

Roker report mentioned in one of their pieces Oviedo has a club lined up but we are still negotiating his payoff.

If we are paying him off we should just keep him. By the time we sign & pay his replacement have we even saved money!

No. He put £5m into SJD, which went via Madrox to Short for the down payment on the shares. That came nowhere near the club.

As regards taxation, there is a potential problem with a donation if HMRC decide it should be treated as non-trading income. This would make it taxable, and couldn't be offset against trading losses brought forward.
thanks the £5m-I thought that-but someone on here said the other day SD said on a pod about another £5m-i didnt recall that but took the poster at their word..

If we are paying him off we should just keep him. By the time we sign & pay his replacement have we even saved money!
you think catts left fr nowt?
paying them off saves millions..

I mean I understand loans being written off after the fact-ie years later,,,just didnt think it could be said up front we are giving this moeny to a corporate entity for nothing-without HMRC asking a question?

no one wants to be the one in-club is a terrible business..

I thought we were in one of the best financial positions in the EFL? The EFL are holding us up as the way to do things, aren't they?

thanks the £5m-I thought that-but someone on here said the other day SD said on a pod about another £5m-i didnt recall that but took the poster at their word..

you think catts left fr nowt?
paying them off saves millions..

Nah im aware Cattermole was paid off.

Oviedo has 12 month left and releasing him just weakens the team. We're not going to sign better and we are a football club first and foremost.

U wot m8?
to use business parlance-SAFC is a business that is losing money at the operational level, but in addition to the this opex that has to be fund..there is and will be for several years..a huge capital expensditure rwequirement..afrom an investment point of iew..that means you need the capital expenditure to be so good as to generate sufficient return to take care of the operating losses and then generate a proper return above that..thats a big ask..

Nah im aware Cattermole was paid off.

Oviedo has 12 month left and releasing him just weakens the team. We're not going to sign better and we are a football club first and foremost.
why does it weaken the team? we use the money to buy other players?
is oviedo first chouce for safc right now?

to use business parlance-SAFC is a business that is losing money at the operational level, but in addition to the this opex that has to be fund..there is and will be for several years..a huge capital expensditure rwequirement..afrom an investment point of iew..that means you need the capital expenditure to be so good as to generate sufficient return to take care of the operating losses and then generate a proper return above that..thats a big ask..

why does it weaken the team? we use the money to buy other players?
is oviedo first chouce for safc right now?

Yeah he's first choice. That's why he played the play offs & the play off final.

It's 1 in 1 out then we're hardly strengthening the squad. We haven't reinvested Cattermoles wages

Yeah he's first choice. That's why he played the play offs & the play off final.

It's 1 in 1 out then we're hardly strengthening the squad. We haven't reinvested Cattermoles wages
If you read the recent articles about our finances we need to drastically reduce the wage bill this season to avoid real problems next year.
We won’t be reinvesting Cattermoles wages.

we have signed two new midfielders...and taken robson's wage back onto the books..so three more CMs being paid from catts money..

if he is first choice-why did we sign hume? if he is not good enoughto be a league one starter-we shouldnt have wasted money on signing him..

If you read the recent articles about our finances we need to drastically reduce the wage bill this season to avoid real problems next year.

Only if the owners aren't willing to invest in the football team aye. If they're obsessed with being self sustainable then we're going to be stuck in league 1 every year paying 6k a week to everyone. We might go up but then we wouldn't be able to afford to compete.

we have signed two new midfielders...and taken robson's wage back onto the books..so three more CMs being paid from catts money..

if he is first choice-why did we sign hume? if he is not good enoughto be a league one starter-we shouldnt have wasted money on signing him..

How are we a bad business to buy into when Methven said we were in the best financial position in the EFL six weeks ago? Has something happened?

Ideally, it's going to need to be under £10m (obviously +25-30% if we're promoted) to be compliant in either division with SCMP/FFP in the absence of parachute payments.

Only if the owners aren't willing to invest in the football team aye. If they're obsessed with being self sustainable then we're going to be stuck in league 1 every year paying 6k a year
man city want to be sustainable-all clubs do..there is no pplan to be sustainable this year-they are making a loss...
they owner have spent millions on the football team..the club loses money..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back