One out one in is how its going to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
maja was massive..

But no one expected that. He'd done nothing previously to suggest that he would be, infact a few posters who slated the club for selling him were saying we had no chance with him upfront at this time last year.

Hopefully one of our young'uns come good with a similar effect.

When the owner first came in, they made it very clear the club needed to be sustainable and couldn't go on spending what it didn't have. Everyone loved that and said they understand and how our club needed to be ran like that. Now because we aren't buying our way out of the league, they're full of shit and liars. The mess we were in can't be sorted quickly and imo many just aren't seeing how tough of a balancing act it is. They've made more than enough funds available so far, for us to have been promoted.

I still think if you invest in the side now you're in a better position when you go up. Looking at the current squad I don't think they'd survive in the league above.

I'll be interested to see what they do with contracts as a lot of the players signed last year will be coming into their last year. Personally wouldn't give the likes of Maguire & Flanagan/Turk/Baldwin/Honeyman a new deal regardless. Maguire good at this level but if we're set to go up... everyone else listed I think they're shite. Few more I wouldn't renew too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think if you invest in the side now you're in a better position when you go up. Looking at the current squad I don't think they'd survive in the league above.

I'll be interested to see what they do with contracts as a lot of the players signed last year will be coming into their last year. Personally wouldn't give the likes of Maguire & Flanagan/Turk/Baldwin a new deal regardless. Maguire good at this level but if we're set to go up... everyone else listed I think they're shite. Few more I wouldn't renew too.
going up would be a bit of a game changer-we could sign a lot of players..
we have some that would be good enough-flanagan, mcgeady, mclaughlin, but most not..

going up would be a bit of a game changer-we could sign a lot of players..
we have some that would be good enough-flanagan, mcgeady, mclaughlin, but most not..

Be interesting to see how we looked at our wage structure too.

I think we will find it hard for someone to take him

1 year left, might aswell keep him. Not impacting on the balance of the squad & he'll be better than whoever the replacement is.

so whats the point if having young players and giving them contracts if we dont count them?

3 were signed for the 23s as the 23 were the worst side in PL2 by an absolute mile. Not good for a cat 1 academy.

3 were signed for the 23s as the 23 were the worst side in PL2 by an absolute mile. Not good for a cat 1 academy.
and i wasnt counting any of those in my number...sammut was signed for the mens team..as were the coventry keeper..the two defenders..and embelton and robson are back...thats six..

all teams are in the free tranfer market at this level-we signed five promotion winners from this league-and had mcgeady and maja...thats an outstanidng team at this level..
and doesnt even count catts or oviedo..

Bored of hearing this. Others don’t have the “expectation” of automatic promotion or now the noose of “100 points”.

If we’re in the same market as everyone then we have to expect to be at their level and not to blow them away.

Look at our squad objectively. And take out McGeady & McLaughlin. It’s not outstanding at all.

On paper we have some good players, but it lacks balance, and athleticism. We had lots of injured players last year too.

Grigg will hopefully provide the goals this year (hoping it was simply injury issues) and Willis should be a very good signing. (we didn’t have him last season mind). Leadbitter has the experience to take on the mantle now that Catts has gone.

We still need to shape the team & squad.

We’ll definitely be in the promotion mix again, but “100 points” from the owners is not helpful. Like their “biggest budget” nonsense last summer. These comments are simply unnecessary.

why would robson replace a centre half or a striker? robson replaces catts..or maybe sammut does..
dunne is replaced by the CB we signed...
Kimpi should be the replacement for sterling..

six players are available now that werent at the end of last season...window hasnt closed yet either...and we sure need more players..

Ok. I feel like I may as well post exactly the same thing.

Positions are irrelevant. We are arranging a team on a one in one out basis. Finances are what's relevant.
Catts left, no-one came in.

Bored of hearing this. Others don’t have the “expectation” of automatic promotion or now the noose of “100 points”.

If we’re in the same market as everyone then we have to expect to be at their level and not to blow them away.

Look at our squad objectively. And take out McGeady & McLaughlin. It’s not outstanding at all.

On paper we have some good players, but it lacks balance, and athleticism. We had lots of injured players last year too.

Grigg will hopefully provide the goals this year (hoping it was simply injury issues) and Willis should be a very good signing. (we didn’t have him last season mind). Leadbitter has the experience to take on the mantle now that Catts has gone.

We still need to shape the team & squad.

We’ll definitely be in the promotion mix again, but “100 points” from the owners is not helpful. Like their “biggest budget” nonsense last summer. These comments are simply unnecessary.
others do have the expectation of promion..we arent the only ones expecting to get promoted next year..i pay five a side with a rotherham fan..he expects promotion..
we did blow eveyone away last season by spenidng more than every other team in the league combined and breaking the trasfer record..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back