One of our owners

Attention seeking is all it boils down to, at the very top levels of the club and lower down. Human nature. SD said himself he accepts it won't always be fun. I don't have Twitter, but he's cancelled his at the 1st sign of bother.

The investment....erm, that fucked up. Maybe SAFC playing a bit, too much hardball? As is the owners want!

I said before, about "Flipping" the club. They tried?

Given that it was the owner who abused the guy asking civil questions when he didn't like the line of questioning (he even apologised later) maybe you should stop buying the 'woe is me' narrative?

To be fair when Donald seemed to lose his temper the lad hadn't just been asking civil questions. He'd quoted a journalist who said there were issues with the takeover and came out with something along the lines of "that's what happens when people do due diligence".

It might purely have been a dig at the fact he feels Donald and co didn't do thorough due diligence but it also read as if he thought Campbell was bound to have found something bad, as if he knew there were major issues. It wasn't a question, civil or otherwise, and it was bordering on being an accusation of wrong doing. I'm not surprised that Donald was very quick to call him out on it, it was a very daft thing to tweet

Is a multi-millionaire, his Dar in law is a multi-Billionaire....allegedly

23,000 season tickets renewed, communications for our PR savvy gaffers has now gone into lock down, we're scratching around for third party Investment, unable to creatively increase turnover and/or break the salary cap...

I'm knee accountant, but bizarre.....

Sartori has had his days out at Wembley and a couple of home games. The novelty has worn off and/or he’s focusing on his political career back in Uruguay, either way, I doubt you’ll hear much more from him in an SAFC capacity. Just my reading of the situation like.

Sartori has had his days out at Wembley and a couple of home games. The novelty has worn off and/or he’s focusing on his political career back in Uruguay, either way, I doubt you’ll hear much more from him in an SAFC capacity. Just my reading of the situation like.
It’s one of the most confusing elements, not sure what he is there for? SD seemed to suggest he would be useful when we needed further investment but now wants to sell more of the club, he said he was one of the options but doesn’t seem to have gone down that route. Not sure what he brings.

It’s one of the most confusing elements, not sure what he is there for? SD seemed to suggest he would be useful when we needed further investment but now wants to sell more of the club, he said he was one of the options but doesn’t seem to have gone down that route. Not sure what he brings.

It’s salient that the owners were no sooner in the door having not done full due diligence, then they were on the lookout for investment. They’ve been properly speaking to potential investors since about February according to the last RR pod, but given Campbell has cooled his jets and we can’t pay a transfer fee, I can only deduce Sartori isn’t willing to invest any further.

Last edited:
It’s salient that the owners were no sooner in the door having not done full due diligence, then they were on the lookout for investment. They’ve been properly speaking to potential investors since about February according to the last RR pod, but given Campbell has cooled his jets and we can’t pay a transfer fee, I can only deduce Sartori isn’t willing to invest any further.
On the last podcast he said Sartori was one of the options but doesn’t look like that’s happening. I suspect SD is seeing his potential personal bill getting larger and wants to share some of the risk.

You really think that was the underlying reason that Donald came off Twitter and not the impending revelations that have painted him in a less than glorious light?

What impending revelations are these?
Personal life stuff?
Great:rolleyes:.
Oh dear what a, shame, never mind, he's human with flaws, big fkn deal.

To be fair when Donald seemed to lose his temper the lad hadn't just been asking civil questions. He'd quoted a journalist who said there were issues with the takeover and came out with something along the lines of "that's what happens when people do due diligence".

It might purely have been a dig at the fact he feels Donald and co didn't do thorough due diligence but it also read as if he thought Campbell was bound to have found something bad, as if he knew there were major issues. It wasn't a question, civil or otherwise, and it was bordering on being an accusation of wrong doing. I'm not surprised that Donald was very quick to call him out on it, it was a very daft thing to tweet

To be fair to the lad he hadn’t even tagged Donald in the tweet though.

SD was obviously made aware of it and went on the attack, around 10 hours later and after a few beers if memory serves me correctly.

SD's comments about the amount paid for the club were more than sloppy- they were misleading, likely to portray himself in a better light by suggesting he'd put his hand in his pocket to a much greater degree than was actually the case when buying the club.

The club is better run on a day to day financial basis than before but it doesn't help when SD talks about using the parachute payment to have a right go at promotion, even if CM was much more circumspect and indicated it would cover this season's operating losses. The problem, then, is that SD's statements have later been either contradicted by others in the club or found not quite to be as he stated- my impression is that he also has a tendency to paint part of a picture, but leaving out the detail that is not so palatable. It's risking breaking trust in the ownership which they had built up with their willingness to engage and apparent willingness to be upfront about things.

I think they did expect to get investment this summer, but it's not time to panic just yet. The issue though is what we can afford to do to improve the squad- if we can sign players on frees that improve us, all well and good but if we've identified a target who will require a transfer fee, then it will be interesting to see if any of these come to fruition, rather than being paper talk i.e will we be using any of the parachute payment to improve the squad (and I agree that some of it, at least, should cover any operational loss this season).

From my view, Ross seems to be the most candid when he speaks about player comings and goings (including the Maja situation where I don't think he had any axe to grind) so we can probably expect us to try to move 1 or 2 out to allow others to come in.

In the end, how well a start we get off to will dictate how much discontent is voiced about how the club is being run and whether Ross himself is the man for the job.

FWIW, I don't think the club is being badly-run financially- just that we haven't really been kept informed of what the financial situation is -and has been- in the way the owners would have everyone believe.

This is my position too, very well put.

Is a multi-millionaire, his Dar in law is a multi-Billionaire....allegedly

23,000 season tickets renewed, communications for our PR savvy gaffers has now gone into lock down, we're scratching around for third party Investment, unable to creatively increase turnover and/or break the salary cap...

I'm knee accountant, but bizarre.....
multi millions = peanuts nowadays and all tied up in businesses

dad in law - that's nice but unless he actually buys in totally meaningless

Back