Once upon a time in Hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will have to watch it again to fully appreciate it I reckon.

Was better than Inglorious Basterds and Hateful 8 imo.

Just left.

Ending was canny, a load of good scenes, Pitt and Di Caprio were great.

But it felt like a whole load of nowt tbh.
This sums up my feelings.

Can't understand how someone managed to make a film where the two leads are brilliant but the film overall was neither nowt nor summat.

This sums up my feelings.

Can't understand how someone managed to make a film where the two leads are brilliant but the film overall was neither nowt nor summat.
I'm sure in a few months time I'll watch something on you tube that sums it up more articulately.

Right now though it just feels like less than the sum of its parts.

I went to see it over the weekend and left feeling very unmoved by the whole thing. I personally didn't like the Rick Dalton character (although I thought Di Caprio played it really well). I also thought the dialogue wasn't as great as previous Tarantino movies. My personal highlight was Margot Robbie.

Really don't understand what was the point in Margot Robbie's role in the film?

Pitt and Leo were great, soundtrack awesome and I quite liked the whole Manson Family storyline/ ending but not really sure about the storyline. Could have cut about 15/20mins off easy.

Pitt and Leo were great, soundtrack awesome and I quite liked the whole Manson Family storyline/ ending but not really sure about the storyline. Could have cut about 15/20mins off easy.

I didn't realise there was one!

Saw it last night - left feeling disappointed but upon reflection I'm thinking it was quite good now! I thought the scene with the little girl really dragged, same with the outtakes bit, would have preferred it to focus on the Manson family more tbh, not bad though still think Jackie Brown is his best.

She was well worth putting in the film :lol: Agree about the soundtrack as well. Some songs i don't even know, but fit the film perfect. Acting by the 2 mentioned was very good also. The ending just threw me, but still enjoyed it, and would watch again tbh

I thought Brad was class. It didn't end how I expected, I hadn't realised it was a reimagining.

Clue is in the title. Once upon a time suggests a fairytale.

I thought it was class, deffo watch again as i'm sure i missed loads of easter eggs.

Pitt and Di Caprio were phenomenal, and Margot Robbie may be the perfect woman

Last edited:
Clue is in the title. Once upon a time suggests a fairytale.

I thought it was class, deffo watch again as i'm sure i missed loads of easter eggs.

Pitt and Di Caprio were phenomenal, and Margot Robbie may be the perfect woman
Dunno like, I watched 'Once Upon a Time in London' last night and it was based on fact Jack Comer etc. and even had a 'what happened next' bit after the credits. One died in poverty, one died in the lap of luxury in his infamous Moroccan nightclub in case you are interested.

I agree with watching again, I certainly will. Best bit for me? 'Fix it'.

I thought it was decent enough but maybe a little bit too fragmented. Also I don't really like his use of jokey violence in his later films rather than the more realistic form in his earlier ones.

Tarantino's foot fetish finally made it onto film anyway.

Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back