Once upon a time in Hollywood

That's the most I have enjoyed a Tarantino movie in like forever. Quality sound track, immense acting and set up like a biopic. Seriously man I was sitting there through the whole movie thinking... is Tarantino actually trying to do a biopic? Wtf?

And then that ending? POW - pure Tarantino! A freaking excellent film and a mist for any Tarantino fan.
edit: also the thread title is a brilliant movie as well, you should watch that. It's nothing like the movie in the post, so if you do watch it dont watch it expecting a freaky as fuck Tarantino movie.

Last edited:

That's the most I have enjoyed a Tarantino movie in like forever. Quality sound track, immense acting and set up like a biopic. Seriously man I was sitting there through the whole movie thinking... is Tarantino actually trying to do a biopic? Wtf?

And then that ending? POW - pure Tarantino! A freaking excellent film and a mist for any Tarantino fan.
edit: also the thread title is a brilliant movie as well, you should watch that. It's nothing like the movie in the post, so if you do watch it dont watch it expecting a freaky as fuck Tarantino movie.

Am i missing something here?

Has Tarantino actually re-made the finest Gangster movie of all time, and IMHO one of the finest movies of any genre?

Has Tarantino actually re-made the finest Gangster movie of all time, and IMHO one of the finest movies of any genre?

No, OP has got the title wrong.

New Tarantino film is called Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and has nothing to do with OUATIA which is one of the greatest films ever made

I enjoyed the new Tarantino one mind. 7/10

Yeah, I fucked up the title. Sergio Leone classic not Quentin tarantino blockbuster...
I also thought it was great but apparently the SMB have deemed it shite, so we’re wrong.
And yes I wondered half way through if it was supposed to be a true story or not.
Yes, I wouldn't even have bothered posting about my enjoyment if it weren't for the long thread about tmhow shit it was.

Last edited:

Fucks sake man, you not see the thread I started last week, gonk!!!

Bruce Lees daughters just been on GmB slating it saying its a poor portrail of her dad.
it was a bit but it was a bit far fetched. Maybe cliff booth was just daydreaming? "yeah man I could totally beat up bruce Lee. And I'd throw him into that bitches car and really fuck it up. Yeah man... it would totally happen like that..."

Otherwise that scene is a bit rubbish if its just setting him up as this badass who could beat up Bruce Lee. But given the ending, it's probably supposed to have really happened like that in that universe.
Fucks sake man, you not see the thread I started last week, gonk!!!
:lol: Go have a coffee and wake up properly and then I might talk to you when you post like a grown up.

Last edited:
Can someone start a poll?

A/ Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.
B/ Once Upon A Time In America.
C/ Once Upon A Time In The West.
D/ Once Upon A Six Times In The North East....Six Times Yer Mag Bassas! Six Times!!!

Loved it.
It's long and meandering, yes, but I just enjoyed it building to a satisfying conclusion. Not really a fan of extreme violence, but it felt wholly justified. DiCaprio and Pitt superb.
Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight had their moments, but didn't feel complete, this film does. 9/10
I sort of thought that Tarantino had watched a Sharon tate film and felt something about the murders, and then showed his true feelings with that ending. The ending really mattered to him and it was his daydream. Similar to the what if daydream about being Virgil Hilts that Rick had, or the smashing the fuck out of bruce lee daydream that cliff had.

Back