Once upon a time.... in Hollywood

wq0pco

Midfield
Gutted, absolute pile of shiite. Usually love his films but this was, incoherent and dare I say it, I even found parts of it boring with the rambling western stuff. People coming out couldn't understand what it was about and when it got to the finale and the usual stuff you expect, people were actually laughing at the violent scenes.

I won't give any specific spoilers but honestly, so, so, so disappointed.

How the fuck it's getting positive reviews is beyond me (and I do know about the era and the Tate/Manson stuff it's set against).

Think it’s one of those films that will get better the second time you watch it. Enjoyed it myself, thought Leo and Brad were brilliant.
Also yes, I was howling at the violent scenes at the end, but it was meant to be somewhat comedic.

wow what a reaction marra cant wait to see it.
you would make a good film critic.

Gutted, absolute pile of shiite. Usually love his films but this was, incoherent and dare I say it, I even found parts of it boring with the rambling western stuff. People coming out couldn't understand what it was about and when it got to the finale and the usual stuff you expect, people were actually laughing at the violent scenes.

I won't give any specific spoilers but honestly, so, so, so disappointed.

How the fuck it's getting positive reviews is beyond me (and I do know about the era and the Tate/Manson stuff it's set against).
I am going to see it next week and to be honest I was looking forward to it. He has been a bit hit and miss for a while though.

Kill bill was OK but didnt need two movies. Inglorious Barsterds was a shit war film and a pretty awful Tarantino one. I thought that Django unchained was excellent but then the next one he did, while OK was a bit dull and some of the violence was just silly...

Since the reviews were so positive, I was really looking forward to this one so it's be a shame if it were another miss.

I am going to see it next week and to be honest I was looking forward to it. He has been a bit hit and miss for a while though.

Kill bill was OK but didnt need two movies. Inglorious Barsterds was a shit war film and a pretty awful Tarantino one. I thought that Django unchained was excellent but then the next one he did, while OK was a bit dull and some of the violence was just silly...

Since the reviews were so positive, I was really looking forward to this one so it's be a shame if it were another miss.
I think Inglorious is one of his very mesell like. Complete nonsense but that's sorta the point.

His films work better on the small screen anyway so I'll be giving this a miss til it's on the telly or summit.

Saw it a couple of weeks ago,i saw the plot twist coming a mile off as soon as I saw those people at the side of the road,i had a gut feeling they were involved in whatever ;) Apparently someones daughter doesn't like how her father is portrayed in the movie.

Confused me a bit , I really don't know if it was brilliant or shit. Brilliantly shot and acted but it did seem to drag a bit. One thing it did do was want to understand what I'd just seen so I guess that's a good thing but I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed it more knowing the plot or not.

See it and make your own mind up :D

When the violence is comedic just doesn't do it for me....... honestly it is just dull for so long.... back of head shots of PItt driving around and all the filming of western's bit..... went on far, far too long - boring!!
First 5 films were brilliant

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2

Then after that the standard is not as high, but by no means poor. Haven't seen the new one like.

It's not a patch on the earlier films, hard to achieve I know, but honestly this is so, so poor in comparison.
Most of his work is bang average at best.

Absolute bollocks, you are talking mate, IMHO.
Think it’s one of those films that will get better the second time you watch it. Enjoyed it myself, thought Leo and Brad were brilliant.
Also yes, I was howling at the violent scenes at the end, but it was meant to be somewhat comedic.

Can't see me watching it again, unless I need a kip.....
Saw it a couple of weeks ago,i saw the plot twist coming a mile off as soon as I saw those people at the side of the road,i had a gut feeling they were involved in whatever ;) Apparently someones daughter doesn't like how her father is portrayed in the movie.

But it only came out yesterday, did'nt it???

Last edited:
They will probably say the bits where they were making the movies were dull and dragged because making movies are dull. Countless actors come out and say making a fillum is mind numbingly boring, waiting around all day in your trailer to work for like half an hour.

They will probably say the bits where they were making the movies were dull and dragged because making movies are dull. Countless actors come out and say making a fillum is mind numbingly boring, waiting around all day in your trailer to work for like half an hour.

I'm aware of that and the Tate/Manson background but too much time was spent on the boring stuff, hence the film actually got boring and I can see why people were totally non-plussed at the end.

Well, I look forward to seeing your thoughts. If you thought the violence was just silly....... wait till you see this!!!

Back