On the drink in Sunderland?

Shite

You said no its not! You disagreed with me Where do you go?

The Borough best pub in town
I think you’ve messed your quotes up. If I go for a drink local it’s the Board Inn. If I go out it could be anywhere from Newcastle to Durham to Sunderland or further afield if it’s a weekend away. But I’m not someone who goes out every week on the drink anymore. Got better things to do with my time.

You? The Borough did you say?

Not being arsey, just curious.

Town is what you make of it. Plenty will say it's shite and make their mind up without even trying to have a good night out. Can't understand people like that personally like...but there you go.

I like Vesta Tilleys, The Rabbit, Greens, Life of Riley, Hidden, Cooper Rose, Ttonic, Victors Glitterball and 7.

What our forum posters don't understand is the variety of age groups on the forum.

If ya middle aged or older and ya gonna try and convince a young'un that the Dun Cow is a mint boozer, it ain't gonna work.
Likewise if a young'un is trying to convince the former that the Rabbit is place to be cos its bouncing from when it opens at 3pm.

The boozers around the empire cater towards the middle aged farts, Vine Place is more for the young'uns. Just because it doesn't cater to you, doesn't mean its shite.

Last edited:
What our forum posters don't understand is the variety of age groups on the forum.

If ya middle aged or older and ya gonna try and convince a young'un that the Dun Cow is a mint boozer, it ain't gonna work.
Likewise if a young'un is trying to convince the former that the Rabbit is place to be cos its bouncing from when it opens at 3pm.

The boozers around the empire cater towards the middle aged farts, Vine Place is more for the young'uns. Just because it doesn't cater to you, doesn't mean its shite.
I’d agree, I much prefer pubs to bars, being of an age, so Dun Cow, Isis, Fitzgeralds etc for me. The thought of The Rabbit or the sorry excuse of a pub the Borough has become isn’t for me in the slightest - different strokes and all that I suppose.

I think you’ve messed your quotes up. If I go for a drink local it’s the Board Inn. If I go out it could be anywhere from Newcastle to Durham to Sunderland or further afield if it’s a weekend away. But I’m not someone who goes out every week on the drink anymore. Got better things to do with my time.

You? The Borough did you say?

Not being arsey, just curious.

May have messed my quotes? Bored Inn ? That's shite as well to be honest. Canny location Aldi will buy it soon. Anyway best pub in town is The Borough

I get your point, but I would hardly call the rabbit a young'ns pub like

Hopefully in a few years time it'll have a great nightlife don't know what's happened on a Friday night now like

Probably the same as every town across the country, people just don't go out drinking as much anymore . Hence less pubs

But the pubs that are around seem to be better quality in the most part.

Anyway, it's never mattered to me where we are or how busy it is or what beer they sell. If your in a good group having the crack then that's all you need

Back