On the drink in Sunderland?

Now one of the busiest pubs in Sunderland. Couldn't afford to stay open as it previously was

This. If all the people complaining how it's been ruined had gone in more often then just maybe it wouldn't have changed. The beer selection isn't great, for my tastes, but what they do sell is a canny pint.

What they do, they do well.

I think his point is still valid but IMO it was shite before and is just shitter now.
Was a choice between a closed pub or a refurb with new owners and reopen.
This. If all the people complaining how it's been ruined had gone in more often then just maybe it wouldn't have changed. The beer selection isn't great, for my tastes, but what they do sell is a canny pint.

What they do, they do well.
Nail firmly on the head. We used to go in on a Sunday afternoon and there was literally no one else in but us.

If the people who moaned about how it is now, bothered using it, it might have had a chance of staying as it was

Last edited:
Town seemed to be bouncing last night. We were in The Ship Isis mid afternoon and it was already busy, on to The Peacock as my nephew’s band were on at 5pm great atmosphere, excelent sound and they are a good band, tea at Mexico 70 (absolutely lush), then saw Kate Rusby at an almost sold out Fire Station, what a venue, lovely gig, quick drink in The Dun Cow after just as the Empire was chucking out, then walked home. Seemed to be a good atmosphere as walked up Green Terrace and round past Chaplins etc. almost seemed like the old days.

Last edited:
Was a choice between a closed pub or a refurb with new owners and reopen.

Nail firmly on the head. We used to go in on a Sunday afternoon and there was literally no one else in but us.

If the people who moaned about how it is now, bothered using it, it might have had a chance of staying as it was
I would’ve closed it if what we have is the option. Pubs like that should be tucked out the way of the main city centre.

It's who you're with , say no more

The Greens back in the 80s was mental
Unless the current lad has turned it down he still cranks it up
I'll give the Rabbit its due ,it's party mode from tea time

We just popped in the Rabbit on a works night out and i couldn’t help but think ‘I’m too old for this’.
They’ve ruined The Borough 🫤

Exactly..but at the end of the day it’s about getting the punters in.

How was it ? where did you end up ? @UaeExile

The Promenade and The Stack to start, then uber into town, some shit sports bar on the corner - which was dead. By this point we were about 8 pints in so rolled into The Rabbit which was a bit like going back to Sunderland of old. It's at that point my memory goes, and I can't remember a bloody thing :lol:

Was good to be fair. Better than any of us expected.

The Promenade and The Stack to start, then uber into town, some shit sports bar on the corner - which was dead. By this point we were about 8 pints in so rolled into The Rabbit which was a bit like going back to Sunderland of old. It's at that point my memory goes, and I can't remember a bloody thing :lol:

Sounds good to me mate :)

Sports bar is dead most nights apart from match days shame really

Back