Omniplex comfirmed as Sunderland cinema

Glad to see they're taking some time to refurb it. Having been through the Odeon at the Metro Centre and Cineworld at Boldon since it closed it was clear it was lagging behind.

More political points scoring going on, not sure what it's all about mind. Wonder if I could get an article about the council emptying my bin in the paper then claim it was emptied because I was unrelenting in asking for it to be emptied while the council say it was always going to be emptied I just had to wait for it.

Last edited:
On one hand good to see a cinema back, on the other hand I hope there's enough decent films to get people away from netflix etc to make the trip in. Not convinced there's really much of a future for the cinema industry but hopefully I'm just a daft bugger talking rubbish.
i agree but i do like a trip to the pictures long may it continue...

On one hand good to see a cinema back, on the other hand I hope there's enough decent films to get people away from netflix etc to make the trip in. Not convinced there's really much of a future for the cinema industry but hopefully I'm just a daft bugger talking rubbish.
When I watch a fillum in the house, I can guarantee there'll be no-one near me who won't stfu. Anyone talking should be shot along with anyone who whistles in public.

Vue are the only cinema where I've thought the prices aren't too bad. Not that I'm an avid cinemagoer. I tend to justify the expense as an occasional treat.
For me it is a occasional treat to go to the cinema which means I would be happy to spend extra money as it is an experience.
Vue has a place in the market, cheap and cheerful, Empire Cinema's was cheap and cheerful but not prices as a cheap and cheerful cinema.

Looking at Omniplex and it looks like they are a middle of the road cinema, so not as luxurious as Odeon Luxe or Everyman, but not as low budget as vue

Keep prices low like Vue and it'll do fine imo, an affordable monthly netflix style subscription would help too, opt out whenever unlike the Odeon shite where it has to be a minimum amount of months.

Keep prices low like Vue and it'll do fine imo, an affordable monthly netflix style subscription would help too, opt out whenever unlike the Odeon shite where it has to be a minimum amount of months.
Looks like theirs is 12 quid a month which isn’t bad. Initial minimum 3 month period then rolling monthly after that

Back