Oman

AndyC73

Midfield
Anyone been to Oman (Muscat) and got recommendations for things to do?

I'm out there for 1 week with work.
Will probably have a couple of days off for sight-seeing and stuff. Cheers.

Not a lot. I was there a couple of weeks ago and will be going back next week, Muscat is one of the cleanest and nicest of Middle Eastern cities but fuck me there's nowt to do. Mosques, museums and shopping malls. Balls to that. And watch yourself in the Irish pub in the airport, it's about ten pund a pint.

Not a lot. I was there a couple of weeks ago and will be going back next week, Muscat is one of the cleanest and nicest of Middle Eastern cities but fuck me there's nowt to do. Mosques, museums and shopping malls. Balls to that. And watch yourself in the Irish pub in the airport, it's about ten pund a pint.

From what I've heard there's not much to do in Muscat but Salalah and Musandam are a good visit. Quite a trek but they have waterfalls, dolphins, kayaking and boat trips and all that stuff.

Anyone been to Oman (Muscat) and got recommendations for things to do?

I'm out there for 1 week with work.
Will probably have a couple of days off for sight-seeing and stuff. Cheers.
Aye it's a beautiful place, the locals are really friendly and helpful, they actually do normal jobs ie taxi drivers unlike many other Arab countries. If you are looking for a place to stay I would highly recommend the Ritz carlton Al Bustan. Go to the souqs, the sultans palace. Just speak to your taxi drivers and people in your hotel they will give you a bit advice.

went for 2 weeks when i was 17 as me dads mate worked at an english school. spend 3 days/nights in the desert, its difficult to describe how amazing the sky is at night. it makes you dizzy just trying to fathom the scale of the stars/galaxy/space. during the days we shot around in the 4x4's and i think we surfed down the dunes. then a camel spider came to our camp and someone managed to shot it over the dune with a shovel and i didnt sleep a wink for the final night. if you can get on an overnight excursion into the desert then do it. its called The Empty Quarter, lots of (secret) history with the S.A.S there as they used to train in the deserts round there.

lots of great water sports too around muscat. sure it will be easy enough to get involved with. loads of ex-pats.

also the main souk in muscat is great crack

Aye it's a beautiful place, the locals are really friendly and helpful, they actually do normal jobs ie taxi drivers unlike many other Arab countries. If you are looking for a place to stay I would highly recommend the Ritz carlton Al Bustan. Go to the souqs, the sultans palace. Just speak to your taxi drivers and people in your hotel they will give you a bit advice.
This, one of the better places to visit on the region.

Back